Cheapest Flash Cart for 3DS?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Brettska, Jul 29, 2011.

Jul 29, 2011

Cheapest Flash Cart for 3DS? by Brettska at 8:39 AM (3,635 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. Brettska
    OP

Newcomer Brettska Member

United States
    Hello GBAtemp. I've upgraded from a DS Lite to 3DS awhile back and was bummed about my R4 (running Wood) wouldn't work (didn't expect it to though considering it wasn't compatible with DSi's.) I'm not looking for anything fancy like a Supercard Two or M3i, just something cheap with average compatibility. Which is the cheapest flash cart that will work on a 3DS with 2.0+ and who is the cheapest distributor (or reseller)? I'm in North America.

2. Nathan Drake

Member Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Antarctica
    Acekard2i

I would suggest getting it pre-flashed from Realhotstuff. The Acekard2i should be about $18 from there, and they are based in the US so that you will get it quickly.

Otherwise, just check out the Shoptemp page for the Acekard2i, and see where you can get it the cheapest right now. Obviously though, it will be shipped from China in nearly all cases, so the wait time will be very long. One trusted site off the top of my head is lightake.

Just to note, it isn't the absolute cheapest, but it is one of very few with decent support to continue to get upgrades against the latest firmware on the 3DS and DSi.

3. ichichfly

Member ichichfly GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Germany
    r4i are much cheaper $6.25 - $10.69

4. Nathan Drake

Member Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Antarctica
    The only R4i card worthwhile that is cheaper than an Acekard 2i is this one.

5. Alexandre Verrie

Newcomer Alexandre Verrie Member

United States
    Well, R4i gold 3ds or acekard 2i is your best choose, R4i gold 3ds can work on your 3DS V2.1.0-4 directly out of box, you dont need to update, about ak2i , you may need to update it first when you receive it because most resellers dont provide pre-flashed, but since you have a DSlite, you can update it esaily. I get my R4i gold 3ds from here: http://www.digitopz.com/r4i-gold-3ds-flash...-3ds-p-216.html fast shipping and working great, there are also many resellers in shoptemp, you can check it there as well. Good luck!

6. Crystal the Glaceon

Member Crystal the Glaceon GBAtemp Inkling™ Squishies~

Antarctica
    Acekard 2i is the cheapest and best.
    R4i Gold (from http://www.r4ids.cn/) Is a great card thanks to the support of Wood R4, but AKAIO is still better.

7. Lily

Former Staff Lily One Scary Lady

Canada
    Considering AKAIO and WOOD both sprang from the exact same source, and compare feature-for-feature, I don't see how people are still claiming Acekard is somehow "better". Acekard is far, far worse in my opinion because of the poor production quality and the contact issues that plague the DSi/XL/3DS and even some Lites. I've never seen a low quality r4ids.cn card, and I stand by it being the best option because of both the software and the hardware quality.

8. Crystal the Glaceon

Member Crystal the Glaceon GBAtemp Inkling™ Squishies~

Antarctica
    I am not talking about the Acekard, with that statement I am talking about AKAIO. Being that I use both AKAIO and Wood R4 on a regular bases I would have to say it is smaller things that make AKAIO just a bit better than Wood R4.
    Then again it's purely an option on this matter.

9. t0mixcs

Newcomer t0mixcs Newbie

Argentina
    if u want cheapest and u dont care if its fake or not, i got a r4i3d "new"(www.r4i3d.com) and its like 4$ lol, and it works with the last update, games work 100% good and i havent lost any save

10. tranfeer

Member tranfeer GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Austria

The price is very important and everyone do not want waste his money.
    If you get a gargbage card(r4i3d.com) with so little money, it's still a waste of money.
    Don't you think so.
    You haven't lost the saves because you are lucky enough to get a proper tf card.

11. Pippin666

Member Pippin666 SSF43DE Master

Canada
  12. soulx

Member soulx GBAtemp Legend

Canada
    Yes, flashcarts for the 3DS do exist.

And @OP, the DSTWO or the Acekard 2i are your best choices.