Hacking Charge turned off switch with AutoRCM?

Pokfan1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hi i have AutoRCM enabled in my switch.
Is there a problem in charging it with AutoRCM on & switch turned off or should I charged it in sleep mode?

Reactions: NoNAND

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should always keep your Switch in sleep mode if you have AutoRCM installed. It will charge normally in sleep mode.

If you power off your Switch and then plug it in, it will boot into RCM, it will not charge properly, and the battery will drain. You can power off the Switch while it is plugged in so it doesn't enter RCM, but this is not recommended.

Pokfan1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
You should always keep your Switch in sleep mode if you have AutoRCM installed. It will charge normally in sleep mode.

If you power off your Switch and then plug it in, it will boot into RCM, it will not charge properly, and the battery will drain. You can power off the Switch while it is plugged in so it doesn't enter RCM, but this is not recommended.

Why should I keep my switch always in sleep mode?
I don't accidentally press power button etc so i think that it's not powered on while i'm not using it.

Reactions: NoNAND

NoNAND

Give me back my legions!
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I don't accidentally press power button etc so i think that it's not powered on while i'm not using it.
Why should you keep the switch in sleep mode?
Well like Lacius stated above the switch that has got autoRCM enabled won't charge when powered off. Upon plugging in the charging cable the switch will enter RCM my itself hence staying in an idle state and namely not charging at all but simply draining the battery.
While it is true that with the current releases of atmosphere/hekate you can safely and properly shut down your console, charging it in sleep mode is advised.
And don't expect a fix for the RCM charging bug as that's something handled on a hardware level thus atmos/hekate won't do anything.
with that said though (I can confirm) that the switch chargers just fine after the hekate 5.0.1 (and latter) gets loaded. But simply letting your switch be in RCM in an idle state won't charge it.

Reactions: Dani Dandelion

Pokfan1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Why should you keep the switch in sleep mode?
Well like Lacius stated above the switch that has got autoRCM enabled won't charge when powered off. Upon plugging in the charging cable the switch will enter RCM my itself hence staying in an idle state and namely not charging at all but simply draining the battery.
While it is true that with the current releases of atmosphere/hekate you can safely and properly shut down your console, charging it in sleep mode is advised.
And don't expect a fix for the RCM charging bug as that's something handled on a hardware level thus atmos/hekate won't do anything.
with that said though (I can confirm) that the switch chargers just fine after the hekate 5.0.1 (and latter) gets loaded. But simply letting your switch be in RCM in an idle state won't charge it.
My problem is that i thought it might damage my Switch to let it always on sleep mode.
But according to what I read right now, sleep mode is better than completely powering off your switch.
So I suppose i will let always my switch in sleep mode except when i know I won't play for long time.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's very difficult to tell if the Switch is off or in RCM, and a lot of people drain their batteries by accidentally leaving the Switch in RCM. In addition, if someone comes along and tries turning it on, even if it was powered off properly, it will boot straight into RCM.

My problem is that i thought it might damage my Switch to let it always on sleep mode.
But according to what I read right now, sleep mode is better than completely powering off your switch.
So I suppose i will let always my switch in sleep mode except when i know I won't play for long time.
The Switch was designed to be kept in sleep mode indefinitely, and as you read, it is marginally better for the battery than leaving it in a powered off state.

The only time to power off the Switch is if it's not going to be plugged in and/or docked for a very long period of time. If you keep the Switch in sleep mode when it's not being used, you are a lot less likely to run into issues than if you power it off.

Pokfan1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
It's very difficult to tell if the Switch is off or in RCM, and a lot of people drain their batteries by accidentally leaving the Switch in RCM. In addition, if someone comes along and tries turning it on, even if it was powered off properly, it will boot straight into RCM.

The Switch was designed to be kept in sleep mode indefinitely, and as you read, it is marginally better for the battery than leaving it in a powered off state.

The only time to power off the Switch is if it's not going to be plugged in and/or docked for a very long period of time. If you keep the Switch in sleep mode when it's not being used, you are a lot less likely to run into issues than if you power it off.
Thank you a lot for your answer, I will start to use sleep mode!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: