Channel updates????

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by yooya95, Dec 19, 2009.

Dec 19, 2009

Channel updates???? by yooya95 at 9:34 PM (745 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. yooya95
    OP

Newcomer yooya95 Newbie

United States
    Hello everyone ! This is my first ever post [​IMG] anyway, recently I found out that there is an update for the nintendo channel and the Internet channel, I have the the homebrew channel but does anyone know if it safe to update?? Will my wii get bricked? Will the homebrew channel get deleted???

Thanks!

2. techboy

Member techboy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    If you mean download the updated channels from the shop, yes its safe. If the shop asks for a Wii System Update, use WiiSCU to update the shop.

3. yooya95
    OP

Newcomer yooya95 Newbie

United States
    hmm...but are you 100% sure its safe? i got so much stuff on my wii that one sniff from nintendo and its goodbye wii for me [​IMG]

4. Helsionium

Member Helsionium Alpha and Omega

Austria
    Nintendo doesn't and mustn't sniff and delete stuff from your Wii without your consent. By updating the whole system through the update function of the System Menu, you have to explicitly give such consent. When updating a single channel from the Shop Channel, you don't give such consent, and it would be illegal for Nintendo (at least in some jurisdictions) to remove content or disable any functionality that way. Furthermore, I think the Wii Shop Channel is simply not able to detect and/or delete unauthorized contents.

5. yooya95
    OP

Newcomer yooya95 Newbie

United States
    so its safe to update my channels, correct?

6. Blue-K

Member Blue-K No right of appeal.

Switzerland
    Gosh, you've got the perfect answer above, what do you want more? Yes, it's safe, for the last time!

If you are so afraid, then I would think about to leave the Hacking-Scene. Live with the risks, or leave it.