godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there's that, ourloader (for discs), haxchi/mocha (should do it by default), and region hax (be careful as a screw up will brick the wii u or at least nothing will open; deleting the profile account associated with it will also make the wii u and wii channels disappear). however, afaik, none of those will make a Japanese game display in English by default. this is just to get the games to run. btw, you posted in the wrong section.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know anything about indexiine. are you trying to get the game to run in English? afaik, some games won't unless you ftp over the English files and replace the Japanese ones with them. it's kind of a cheap way to do it, but it may be the only way. I think any method to make it region free just has the game run, it doesn't make it run in a specified language. I don't know for sure, but the language games run in may be determined by system menu language. I don't know what would happen if you used a game that didn't even have the language for the game you're trying to boot. I think a lot of games are essentially the same across region aside from the region coding.

Mezcal_Fighter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I was thinking on doing it region free and then using Spiik. I mean it doesn’t really work for all games but it is the safest way to do it. Right?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
haxchi and mocha are already region free. I've heard that region hax is better, but I can't really confirm that. I did region hax and I use cbhc. it's been that way for years. I left region hax, because there's a risk to it. I have the original sys_prod.xml (the file modified for region hax), so I could change it, but I think it's better to be left alone. if you mess up the region, no apps or games will boot including the browser I believe, so be careful.

Mezcal_Fighter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I will do Indexiine then hahah it is thru the browser and it backs the file up and change it. Once it is done I will just install Spiik to force English language

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the only way I know to know for sure you have it region free is using system config tool. here's a photo I took of mine. bear in mind, it's blurry, but as you can see it shows six regions listed, which I think is all of them.

20161112_222327_Burst01.jpg

Reactions: XDeltaOne

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd back it up, yes. however, there's no way to reinject it without using a flasher, because the browser and haxchi (if you're using it) will no longer boot afaik. you either need your otp.bin or a backup of the NAND from before you made the change to fix it. the otp.bin is to decrypt the NAND to change the file back. here's what the sys_prod.xml looks like (it's pretty small but dangerous if you don't know what you're doing). I momentarily deleted my serial number, which (could be wrong) I think is what's banned if you're banned online. well, I've heard that it is, then another person said it wasn't. there's an unban guide that tells you to change the serial number if you're banned, so who knows:

upload_2020-10-13_11-39-8.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Where's everybody?