Hacking Changing SD cards.....

CrimsonKing1538

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm currently running AuReiNAND on 10.7, but the thing is, I set it up on a 4gb SDCard. So naturally, I don't have enough space to install....well, anything really. I'm thinking of buying a 32gb sd, but I don't know how to switch all my shit over. How would I do it, and is it going to be a nightmare?

dangwoot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
depends if your using an emunand or sysnand install, if it's sysnand just copy everything from the original sd card to a folder on your pc ( just everything from the root of the sd card to a temp folder ) then copy it all over to the new sd card. If it's an emunand then that's a whole different beast lol.

CrimsonKing1538

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
depends if your using an emunand or sysnand install, if it's sysnand just copy everything from the original sd card to a folder on your pc ( just everything from the root of the sd card to a temp folder ) then copy it all over to the new sd card. If it's an emunand then that's a whole different beast lol.

It's sysNAND. I don't have an emuNAND. Needed to save space on my dinky little card :P

dangwoot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well then it'll be easy as pie! Just do as i said and copy everything from the root of the sd card to a temporary folder on your pc then move everything back onto your new sd card :D
Just did it earlier today myself went for a speed upgraded sd card so 32gb class 4 to 32gb class 10 ^_^
Took forever but worked just fine.

CrimsonKing1538

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well then it'll be easy as pie! Just do as i said and copy everything from the root of the sd card to a temporary folder on your pc then move everything back onto your new sd card :D
Just did it earlier today myself went for a speed upgraded sd card so 32gb class 4 to 32gb class 10 ^_^
Took forever but worked just fine.

How big is the difference between the two? That class 4 and 10, I mean.

dangwoot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I noticed a slight increase in speed when booting and loading games, but for the price ( 18$ usd ) on amazon couldn't really go wrong. It seems a bit faster might be a placebo but i think it made a difference :D
The class 4 took quite a while to load the icons on the homescreen but the class 10 is just a few seconds.
So i'd say it was worth the upgrade.

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so how to do if he uses the emunand system. thank you.
First backup your emunand on your old card and copy it to your PC. Then with your new card create a new emunand. Copy your old emunand to your new sd card and then use Decrypt9 to inject the old emunand into your new sd card. Finally copy everything else from your old sd card to your new sd card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol