Homebrew Changing button mappings for Classic Controller codes (ClassicMapEditor)

libertyernie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just thought I'd pop in here and let you know I wrote an app to edit button mappings for the Classic Controller codes for NSMB Wii, DKCR, and Kirby.

More info / downloads: https://github.com/libertyernie/ClassicMapEditor

It's written in a mix of C# (with C-like pointers and structs) and VB (for the frontend). Just paste the code into the box on the right; if it's formatted correctly, it'll populate the part on the left. All your changes will be reflected on the right side in real time.

xONlDSo.png

lauty29

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
This is great, very useful!
Is there any way to do something similar with a gamecube controller for gamecube games?
I'm trying to swap the B button by the X button.

libertyernie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is great, very useful!
Is there any way to do something similar with a gamecube controller for gamecube games?
I'm trying to swap the B button by the X button.
I could probably do something similar with these three games (NSMBW, DKCR, Kirby), but not for actual GameCube games.
Maybe it could be accomplished by building a custom version of Nintendont from source, but doing it that way requires a full devkitpro installation and other stuff.

Reactions: lauty29

anasazy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
FancyNintendoGamer567

Thanks for response. Greetings from Brazil!

Yes, but this code not deactivate a button. My "L" button on my Gamecube joystick is working alone. I used this code to remap to "Y" button, and the "y" now work like "L". But the "L" still working.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I didn't know they made an MSU cart for the Genesis.... I knew about the SNES one and the...