Hacking Chances of brick with a DS Lite?

daoko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I might be getting a DS Lite soon and I want to get a R4 with it but I'm not sure, on some other websites there is talk about some kind of anti-piracy brick? It sounds like something to keep you from pirating but I'm still a little worried, I don't want to get it and then brick it straight away. Is it a real thing?

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I might be getting a DS Lite soon and I want to get a R4 with it but I'm not sure, on some other websites there is talk about some kind of anti-piracy brick? It sounds like something to keep you from pirating but I'm still a little worried, I don't want to get it and then brick it straight away. Is it a real thing?
you won't brick a DS lite with a flashcart.

some games have anti piracy, but it just prevents you from launching the game, like they show a white or black screen, or in the case of pokemon black\white you get the experienced locked. BUT this doesn't happen in today's updated firmwares. most of the anti piracy was solved. and in case you get a flashcart with a shaddy menu or something, i believe there are always manual patches for them

IF you install flashme (for either removing the safety splash screen or allow you to launch slot 2 cards in NDS mode) there is a minimal change of bricking but its really minimal
but either way i guess you will not do it, it was more common in the older days with slot 2 cards (flashcarts to play NDS games that plug to the gba port)

maybe you are confusing with the "time bomb" people mention in the cards that has a date in the sticker, that won't brick your ds either, you just have to change the date for the card to work

Last edited by migles,
Reactions: daoko

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
There is a ds_bricker from back in the day that was distributed as "r0mloader.zip" or something along the lines that can actually brick DS lite consoles. But you shouldn't stumble across it if you don't try it really hard.

Reactions: daoko

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-