CFW Transfer

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by WII_GUY, Jul 20, 2017.

1. WII_GUY
    OP

WII_GUY Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 12, 2015
    Hello

I am here with another problem. I have a 16GB memory card which has 6.61 PRO-C and some games installed. I don't know whether the firmware is temporary or permanent.
    I am not a professional since I just joined the homebrew scene of the PSP.

So now I bought an 8GB card which will have more games since my 16GB one only has 700MB left.

I transferred a game to the 8GB card, but my PSP can't recognize it after running the "Launch 6.61 PRO" button under Extras tab. I used the 16GB card
    to run the firmware, and then swapped it for the 8GB one.

Is there a way to transfer the files of the custom firmware to another memory card?

2. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    That's Lightspeed (or Darkspeed, one is for LME and the other for PRO, they're forwarders to those CFWs that don't get lost in the regular software list)

They install to a subfolder of /PSP/APP so just copy that folder :)

The actual CFW is in the internal storage, but since you don't have a permanent (true permanent or Infinity) installation you must use an app on the memory stick to launch it

3. WII_GUY
    OP

WII_GUY Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 12, 2015
    But when I try to launch Darkspeed from the Games tab, it doesn't start (or is it supposed to be this way?), so should I transfer Darkspeed to the other card?

4. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    If it appears under Games it's the installer (which is physically in /PSP/GAME and requires you to have started the cfw first), the result of the installation is under Extras or Music depending on the setup you chose and physically in /PSP/APP

No need to use the installer again :)

5. WII_GUY
    OP

WII_GUY Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 12, 2015
    Yeah but then how do I run .iso files from another memory card?

6. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    Put them in the /ISO/ folder (outside of "PSP"!), then they'll magically show up under Games after starting the cfw

7. WII_GUY
    OP

WII_GUY Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 12, 2015
    I cant start CFW without the 16GB memory card...

8. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Guru

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Put the new memory stick inside the system, go to settings and format the memory card (If is new nothing should be on it and nothing to lose) Connect the usb to the pc and copy the stuff to the new memory card.

If you are using the temporary cfw method, then the fast recover boot should be listed under the game on xmb. Run the fast recovery cfw file to enable CFW again, after that, it should be just as normal.

9. WII_GUY
    OP

WII_GUY Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 12, 2015
    When I plug in the new card, there is nothing under the Games tab