Hacking CFW Removal

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you made a backup of your NAND prior to using CFW, that would have been your safest bet. Your alternative is to wait until the community devises a tool that can wipe any traces of hacks if you care that much about not being banned.

Such a tool may only work if the Switch has never previously been online. Otherwise, if the Switch has reported to Nintendo in the past that it has 2 errors, and then later reports to Nintendo that it has 0, it could be used as a flag for a ban.

But we really don't have much proof that Switches are being banned based on error logs, aside from those being generated by LayeredFS. It could be that Nintendo never uses the number of reports and report history as a ban reason.

Luckily, if you order just the tablet portion of the Switch on eBay, without any controllers or packaging, it's cheaper. That's my plan if and when my console gets banned, since I'll already have controllers for it.

PepsiMax27

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Such a tool may only work if the Switch has never previously been online. Otherwise, if the Switch has reported to Nintendo in the past that it has 2 errors, and then later reports to Nintendo that it has 0, it could be used as a flag for a ban.

But we really don't have much proof that Switches are being banned based on error logs, aside from those being generated by LayeredFS. It could be that Nintendo never uses the number of reports and report history as a ban reason.

Luckily, if you order just the tablet portion of the Switch on eBay, without any controllers or packaging, it's cheaper. That's my plan if and when my console gets banned, since I'll already have controllers for it.

If I unlink my nintendo account from my switch and add it to my new switch would my new switch get banned?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If OP or someone else already connected to the Internet after having run any type of hack, then yes but at least it could prevent more suspicious data from being sent to reduce ban risk.

There's also the possible problem of clearing error logs on firmwares 5.X since it can detect if the error logs were cleared or not. That would also be considered a violation of their ToS since those cannot be removed without modifying the system.

SonicMC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should I just buy a second switch tablet for normal gaming?

To be safe on the new switch, create a new nintendo network account.

Do Not use the one currently associated with the other switch.

It would be a major pain to end up with two banned switches.

Ian095

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just to clarify it is not guaranteed you will get banned if you go online again. Though you run the risk of a VERY HIGH chance depending on what you were doing. Anything that created some sort of error on the device more than likely can cause you to be flagged up and banned (I don't know this with 100% certainty but I mean it's most likely). If you didn't backup your nand and you really want to go online, you just have to risk it and if it's not banned, then make the nand backup for the future.

Reactions: tiliarou
D

Deleted User

the moment your switch connected to the internet you were f-ed.
If you only ever use the internet while in OFW, I really don't think they will ban you. Almost all people who were confirmed banned either tried to go online in CFW, messed with the CDN, or had errors from the old bad LayeredFS beta code.

DON'T delete error reports if the errors happened after you connected to the internet. If there are fewer than there were before, and it uploads them, that is very suspicious to nintendo.
What I mean is: if there were 9 errors the last time you went online and now there are 3 that is suspicious.
BUT, if you have 0 errors, and you get an error while offline and delete it, there will still be 0 errors when you go online, and Nintendo won't even know there was one

Turn on the GDPR data collection disable option!

By the way, the Atmosphere module which will totally replace the error reporting is almost done: https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/tree/master/stratosphere/creport

Last edited by ,

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for THE LAST FUCKING TIME
There's no way Nintendo will ban you based off of nothing!!

It wouldn't be for "nothing." OP is trying to remove CFW. The Switch sends lots of telemetry data back to Nintendo, we don't know what all it sends nor do we know what Nintendo will and won't ban for. We're not even sure what OP is using. AutoRCM? Hekate? SX OS? Hekate with LayeredFS?

We don't know what homebrew they have or haven't tried. We don't know what errors he has run into and whether or not they've been sent to Nintendo. Heck, we don't even know if he's ever been online with the Switch, or if he has a NAND backups.

OP, in the extremely rare case that you have a full NAND backup from before you ran CFW, and you've never had your Switch online since you've run CFW, you could restore your NAND backup so that any changes to the error logs will be reverted, and theoretically then it should be safe for you to go online. For now, that is the only 100% safe way of not getting banned and getting to play with CFW on your Switch.

Right now there are no guarantees that you will or won't be banned, although many of the bans that we have seen either involve LayeredFS or SX OS online with invalid certs.

Reactions: Erol

Paulsar99

Trophies
XP
Country
Togo
Safest Bet is that your comment is bs.
Its proven that initializing doesnt help
Umm, tc said he wants to remove the cfw and what I said is probably the safest thing he can do right now before going back legit. Of course the risk is always there once you start hacking your switch.

danny08

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Umm, tc said he wants to remove the cfw and what I said is probably the safest thing he can do right now before going back legit. Of course the risk is always there once you start hacking your switch.
It changes nothing, Nintendo clearly can see that you have altered the system.
The only safe thing right now is doing a nand Backup BEFORE everything else and then you can start using homebrew/piracy while staying offline all the time.
Then, hopefully after all few months/years somebody will find a method to be safe while being connected online.
Until then: stay offline or buy a second switch.
If you have somehow altered the system and you go online you will be banned, maybe not today, not tomorrow, but in the next few months for sure

tiliarou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
It changes nothing, Nintendo clearly can see that you have altered the system.
The only safe thing right now is doing a nand Backup BEFORE everything else and then you can start using homebrew/piracy while staying offline all the time.
Then, hopefully after all few months/years somebody will find a method to be safe while being connected online.
Until then: stay offline or buy a second switch.
If you have somehow altered the system and you go online you will be banned, maybe not today, not tomorrow, but in the next few months for sure
As mentioned above, nothing is sure. It is likely but not sure.

NightlyParadox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys I want to remove CFW from my switch is there any way to do that?

Don't listen to retards such as JellyPerson. The majority of people getting banned has been people running backups or playing with the DevMenu. You'll be fine, just wipe the SD card and boot into OFW. I been running CFW for a month or so on end and not been banned which includes playing non modified games online.

g00s3y

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Transfer your acccount and data from "hacked" switch, go online with new switch - ban
Remove cfw, play as normal - ban
Do anything online with the tablet you "hacked" - ban
Get new tablet, create new account, don't ever go online - no ban

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Don't listen to retards such as JellyPerson. The majority of people getting banned has been people running backups or playing with the DevMenu. You'll be fine, just wipe the SD card and boot into OFW. I been running CFW for a month or so on end and not been banned YET which includes playing non modified games online.

FTFY

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol