Hacking CFW power down

fenderjaguar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Do you think there will ever be a time when we can power down the switch, then power it up and still be in CFW, without having to send the payload again with the jig/USB PC thing?

Reactions: NoNAND

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the future maybe once there is a coldboot exploit, but for now the closest thing to a permanent CFW is using autoboot/autoRCM along with a modchip.

NoNAND

Give me back my legions!
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Unfortunately as is the current affairs and state of the switch hacking scene no, we can't have the convenience of coldboot CFW (like with the 3DS or PSP). something as such just doesn't seem feasible as of yet. We never know when or if it'll become a possibility in the near future though. That's up to the developers hard work and effort put into achieving such glorious feat. Again, keep in mind that the Dev guys do all of the great hackery work/service for free to deliver greatness to us, so we shouldn't pressure them but rather be grateful for what we've currently got.

With all that said though, there's this "modchip" way of hacking things(though it's not a real modchips, hence the quotation implies)
By attaching something to the switches motherboard you can launch payloads directly, hereby allowing you to have a "coldboot" (kinda)
See here and check this out this guide for more insight regarding your inquiry.

Reactions: Deleted User

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you think there will ever be a time when we can power down the switch, then power it up and still be in CFW, without having to send the payload again with the jig/USB PC thing?
  1. As stated above, AutoRCM plus a modchip will accomplish what you want.
  2. There are convenient ways to push fusee-gelee payloads, such as using an Android phone, USB dongle, etc.
  3. The Switch should rarely be powered off. If you keep it in sleep mode when you're not using it, this isn't much of an issue.
That all being said, Switch systems on 3.x and lower might be able to get an untethered coldboot exploit someday in the very distant future. Other than that, the above is probably all you have.

Last edited by Lacius,
Reactions: NoNAND

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Loooooool :rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My first color TV was like 1984 or something lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: My first color TV was like 1984 or something lol