Hacking CFW ON OLD 3DS DEMO UNIT

casperghost

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi

I'am very new to the scene and looking for a bit of advice, I think of installing a CFW on one of my old 3ds. My question is what is the best guide to follow for a novice.

I have a few consoles one of them is still on firmware version 1 I believe this to be very rare so I won't be trying it on that, I also have a old demo unit will I be able to install a CFW on that? Will the CFW allow the unit to run from the battery instead of having it plugged in all the time.

Regards

Mark

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it should be, but I don't think you'll be able to get it to run with the battery inserted.

(Or, actually... have you tried it? I only know that the demo kiosk units are different in that they can run while plugged in *without* a battery, but I've never owned one to try the reverse and see if it works with a battery like a normal retail unit)

casperghost

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, it should be, but I don't think you'll be able to get it to run with the battery inserted.

(Or, actually... have you tried it? I only know that the demo kiosk units are different in that they can run while plugged in *without* a battery, but I've never owned one to try the reverse and see if it works with a battery like a normal retail unit)
To be honest I've never tried it without a battery in it, come me with a battery in it so left it in there, I will take it out to see what happens.

Any suggestions regarding the guide?

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
How do you get demo units?
My friend found one gamestop dumpster diving.
if you know the folks at a store, and they will change the displays to newer consoles, or the store is closing, you can find a way to rescue neat things like demo units
thats how you get arcade cabinets or some rare nice stuff

you can also get stuff if you are or know this guy:
MM3D_Sakon_Artwork.png

Last edited by migles,

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anyone ever comes across a Best Buy demo, let me know and I'll pay you for it... those ones are way different from the GameStop/Target kind and actually have a computer that powers them (think the IS-Nitro capture for DS, but for 3DS)

The kind they use at GameStop, Target and other stores are, as far as I know, just retail 3DSes with slightly different hardware that lets you run them without a battery. Otherwise they function identically to retail 3DSes, exploits and all.

kepling5001

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anyone ever comes across a Best Buy demo, let me know and I'll pay you for it... those ones are way different from the GameStop/Target kind and actually have a computer that powers them (think the IS-Nitro capture for DS, but for 3DS)

The kind they use at GameStop, Target and other stores are, as far as I know, just retail 3DSes with slightly different hardware that lets you run them without a battery. Otherwise they function identically to retail 3DSes, exploits and all.

I have an retail display xl that is this way. The charge port is completely different.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.