1. Justerino

OP Justerino Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Hi all,

Last night I had made a mistake by using edizon while online (not an online game but I assume it flagged a cheat I used and caused a ban from online services) playing Octopath Traveler and cheating.

I have a few questions:
    Is there any way to remove the ban? If I had my NAND(i think thats what it is) to backup to would that work? (I don't think I have it on my computer but just curious about it)
    I've read in some places that any saves on a hacked switch moved to OFW will cause a ban. Is this true? Also, if I backed up my saves via cloud->downloaded said save onto a non-hacked switch, whats the worst that could happen?
    Referring to the last question, what about a cloud backup of animal crossing new horizons? I have heavily edited my town, and in the past I cheated to sell items online (yeah, im one of those guys) and i've done it since launch/editable saves.

Thanks in advance for any assistance. Ill try to reply when I can!

2. lieder1987

lieder1987 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Once banned there is no recovery. Sucks to say, but facts.

NoxiousNinja and Justerino like this.
  3. Justerino

Newcomer

United States
    Figures. I do have another hacked switch and a non hacked switch lite so I guess im ok for now.

4. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

No there is no way of recovering steps once that flag has been triggered it will take roughly upto 30 days and your ban payload is sent. You cannot correct anything usually if you are banned you might see an error online code pop up in the game you used to cheat with this will happen asap then you know your ban is imminent.

Justerino likes this.
  5. jakkal
    This message by jakkal has been removed from public view by Foxi4, Sep 11, 2020, Reason: Not an imageboard.
    Sep 11, 2020
  6. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

I use cheats in certain games while online and I havent been banned. You sure you didnt pirate game?

Justerino likes this.
  7. Justerino

Newcomer

United States
    Oh no, I totally pirated it. Im aware this is a bad idea in the first place but on my 2nd switch (uses sx os stealth mode) I only pirated one game and cheated alot. No ban. Use this switch (atmosphere) and forgot airplane mode and cheated for about 5 minutes to save edit octopayh traveler and got slapped with the ban on that console.

EDIT: I typically only cheat with games I physically own. This was a different case on the atmosphere switch.

Last edited by Justerino, Sep 11, 2020
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - questions, Banned,