CFW Accidental Upgrade

plshelpokimtired

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I shoved a big, new MicroXSD card into an unpatched Switch that I wanted to jailbreak, accepted the forced firmware update, and now when I try to inject a payload to install CFW, it launches via TegraRcmGUI for a whole ass second before launching into the regular Nintendo boot screen. I know I'm an idiot - can I fix this and downgrade firmware if needed? Is that even the problem? I've formatted the microSD twice with no change. It injects fine, but then it seems to crash and launch normally. The files on the microSD appear unaltered (since my own alteration).

Badablek

Trophies
XP
Country
France
hacking a Switch is not "firmware dependent". No, this is not the problem.

so :
  1. DON'T DOWNGRADE. DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT DOWNGRADING. THIS IS USELESS AND WILL NOT DO ANYTHING EXCEPT BRICKING OFW (because efuses will not match firmware revision)
  2. BTW, downgrading would only be possible if you have already dumped your sysMMC and are able to boot at least Hekate (or boot atmosphere to use daybreak)
  3. Check your setup. Atmosphere (1.6.2) and Hekate (6.0.7) are both compatible withe the latest known firmware (17.0.0). You missed something. Try to inject Hekate's payload (don't forget to put hekate on your microSD card). There is NO REASON for it to not work. And format your SDcard to FAT32, if it's not already the case.
  4. oh, and of course, don't use an old fusee.bin (tegraRCMGUI is packed with a really old one, as it's not maintained anymore)

Last edited by Badablek,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto