CFW 5.05

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by nugundam0079, May 10, 2009.

May 10, 2009

CFW 5.05 by nugundam0079 at 1:37 AM (916 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. nugundam0079
    OP

Member nugundam0079 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I was wondering if there is any news on the plans for a new CFW update?

2. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    Do you mean 5.50??

afaik the Encryption has changed and so far has not been reverse engineered when it is I'm sure it will be out there!

Until then we have to wait like everyone else [​IMG]

For the record re updates ....DAX's view (Dark Alex) on firmware updates ...If he feels/deems that the updates are really going to be useful or worthwhile/necessary then they will be released soon enough ... if its a minor update such as the 5.03 update then there is not much point in making CFW versions for these pretty minor changes!

3. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    Well as kobykaan pointed out 5.50 already exists (and for that matter 5.05 does too!). However there are no plans for a CFW based on it (as revealed by Alek, the webmaster on DAX's site). Unless there are some major updates seems a bit like DAX is done with the PSP.

4. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    well, a cfw for 5.05 would be absoulutely pointless, i think it was only needed for one game and wasnt released as a proper downloadable firmware, just on the UMD. To play that UMD on cfw, you can just use 5.00m33-6 with version.txt from 5.05. however if you meant 5.50, then as stated above it has not yet been decrypted and there are no plans for a cfw based on it. but the main new feature is subfolders which i think are possible through a plugin, or at least could be if someone bothered to make one. other than that there are a couple of bugs in the new firmware as it was rushed out to patch .tiff exploit which was released just days before hand.

5. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    It has been decrypted, but there are still no plans to make a new CFW.

6. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    really? how come QJ never reported it? Where did you read it has been? not trying to be rude but this could be useful.