CFG Usb Loader -> HD Freezes

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by evilghost_br, Apr 28, 2010.

Apr 28, 2010
  1. evilghost_br
    OP

Newcomer evilghost_br Member

Brazil
    Hi everyone.

Im using CFG USb Loader v56, and I got a 360gb Usb HD with bout 40 games installed and all of them loading just fine.
    The problem is... randomly the HD freezes and the game stops of course. It happens in different games and in different periods... I couldnt find a connection. But I tried many HDs... and all have the same problem.

Anyone knows what could it be ?

Thank you all.

2. Dr. Clipper

Member Dr. Clipper GBAtemp Addict

Australia
    If you are using a v5 version of Hermes' IOS, downgrade to v4. If not, sounds like hard drive spindown. Try looking on the drive manufacturer's website for a tool that will allow you to tweak the spindown time to something different (I don't recommend switching it off entirely, but you can do that too if you like). If you are using IOS249, you can also try using Hermes' IOS222/223 v4 to play your games instead of IOS249. It tends to have better capabilities of avoiding spindown.

3. evilghost_br
    OP

Newcomer evilghost_br Member

Brazil
    Thank you for answering [​IMG]

Well... Im using Hermes v5 on IOS222 and Hermes v4 on IOS223... cause Guitar Hero 5 works better loading on 223 with v4 (IOS38 merged with IOS37).
    Im gonna try downgrade 222 to v4 too.... and post the reply here.... Thanks again!