CFG Loader not recognizing Hard Drive

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Reaga, May 29, 2015.

1. Reaga
    OP

Reaga GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 31, 2013
    United States
    Someday, it just stopped reading it. Tells me nothing. I've tried both ports on the back of my Wii U. One port the indicator light on the HD stays solid, one it either doesn't turn on at all or blinks semi-rapidly. But in neither case does it recognize it anymore.

It used to, but it just stopped one day.

Edit: By nothing, I mean it acts like there's no Hard Drive. Or at least, says USB Device not responding.

2. FaTaL_ErRoR

FaTaL_ErRoR AKA ŦƕƎ ƠṀƐƝ

Mar 9, 2014
    United States
    Anyone ever make clear to you to eat at the Y? The Y holds the unlimited power. Y are you asking this question? Y are there so many posts without reading the stickies? Y? Y? Y? Y? Y is there so much failure to read already posted solutions? Y am I still typing Y?
    you need a Y cable buddy.

3. tbb043

tbb043 Member

Jan 30, 2008
    United States
    Does the drive work connected to a PC? Maybe the whole thing just went kablooey.

Also, I prefer an external power supply to a Y adapter, when possible.

FaTaL_ErRoR likes this.
  4. SickPuppy

SickPuppy New Member

Jul 29, 2009
    United States
    Maybe he let the Wii U format the drive? I would be nice if the op put the hdd on a pc and tells if his games are still there.

5. Reaga
    OP

Reaga GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 31, 2013
    United States
    1. I have done this w/o a Y cable before, in fact never owned one.
    2. The games are still there indeed. I have another wii u formatted drive, this one is not it.