Hacking CFG Loader & Nintendont [Further Understanding]

Vrag

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, I've been spending a few hours trying to understand why only through CFG USB Loader I am unable to launch my Gamecube backups, I have CFG installed as a channel, the Nintendont and CFG xmls both contain AHB ACCESS, but I continue to get a "Please launch Nintendont with AHBPROT disabled!"

I have IOS58 installed, along with d2x cIOS installed in ports 248 and 249.
I would also like to mention that the games launch no problem by loading Nintendont through HBC, I have also tried loading CFG from HBC first and then launching a GC backup to get the same error.

If anyone can provide any help, or and idea to what I can change to get this going, I would be very grateful, not necessity, but it's nice to have everything sorted out and working in one spot.

I have also tried using USB Loader GX, which is giving me a similar error, please, shed some light on either my naiveness or simple misunderstanding of how to deal with AHBPROT.

UPDATE::
I changed my CFG USB Loader from v71beta45 to CFG USB Loader v70r78 and all is good, I don't understand what was causing the error except for the .dol itself.

Thank you to anyone who read the initial post.

Ericss

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found CFG USB Loader 71 beta 49t2 (ie: "CFG USB Loader rev 71-Taiwan" from this thread) better for loading GC games (and better in general), as it allows you set whether you want individual games to use Nintendont, DM or Devolution, and when loading games via Nintendont it skips the annoying "Press B to cancel autoboot" prompt. Plus it has extra features such as an app loader. I haven't been able to find a setting to display emuNAND channels in it, though, but I believe there's a way, as among filters are VC are WiiWare. Does anyone know how?

I just want a Nintendont forwarder channel, if it's at all possible.
I believe you can find one in the Nintendont thread. Why would you want to use bare bones Nintendont, though? Not only do USB loaders have better and nicer to look at interfaces, but they let you set game-specific settings for Nintendont, which should be a must as different settings work better for different games.

dholtz001

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I am having the same issue with the v70r78 version too. I would download the taiwanese version but the download link in that thread is dead. Any help?

decomposition

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get the same issue with the latest sanctioned build and v70r78 as well
"Please launch Nintendont with AHBPROT disabled!"
no issues launching directly via nintendont though
the meta.xml's are correct too

any advice greatly appreciated

Site & Scene News