castlevania DOS

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Mrkino, Nov 11, 2008.

Nov 11, 2008

castlevania DOS by Mrkino at 8:38 PM (809 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Mrkino
    OP

Newcomer Mrkino Newbie

United States
    I have an R4, with the patched "_DS_MENU.DAT," so it does not have issues with the staggering amount of action replay codes on the card. but there is an issue i simply cannot resolve myself.

Granted, i have scoured the internet, especially these boards to find a solution to my problem. but i fear that i must take up some of your time to get this answered.

The problem is that i cannot get the luck code to work on CDOS. There is one accessory via the default "cheat.dat," file. I even went as far as looking for the cheat code to myself, and putting it in the usercheat.dat file. (which did not work. in fact that, the cheat file i added did not even show up on the R4) The game itself is the USA version, and i used the game ID associated with it. (ACVE 9a6b468a) Also i noticed that on the cheat editor, you can have it look up the game id to the game you are getting cheats for.

The only thing i can assume is that this code simply does not work on this game and that its a fake code. but i decided that i would give this one last shot before giving up on the luck code. oh... in case i forgot... the other codes do work, (all souls, fast sliding... and so on and so forth.) I just want to cheat a little... ive been playing all the portable Castlevania games for the past month... and just want to hurry things along...

thank you,

p.s. another code i have not found... and i might as well, ask since im here. mr. driller drill spirits... infinite air????

2. Porkdish

Member Porkdish GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    The 999 code does not work, later a 1001 luck cheat code was added to the cheat database which does work. I have successfully used this cheat, glyph drops are 100% and random chests are around 60-70% green (rare).

3. Mrkino
    OP

Newcomer Mrkino Newbie

United States
    Thank you for your reply. But aren't Glyph drops for the newest castlevania ds game?

either way, thank you for your time.

4. Porkdish

Member Porkdish GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    My bad, I wasn't reading closely enough, I had the same error with cheats in both games and got them mixed up.

Have you tried the other luck cheats? Unfortunately they come with all the other stats boosted too so I've not tried them. If you find a value/method that works you might be able to use the cheat editor to isolate the working luck code.

Good luck and sorry for my misunderstanding.