Car accidents

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShadowSoldier yeah its because of that that I've decided if I'm ever the victim of a minor fender bender like I caused with the woman who wasn't too concerned with it, I'll pay the karma forward because I am damn lucky she didn't file a report. If there's no damage or if it's extremely minor... My cars from '95. It probably doesn't have much left in it anyway, no matter how I try to maintain it.

As for my driving style, I drive fairly aggressively but also defensively. I'm constantly aware of my surroundings and I know my car like an extension of my body. My main goal when driving is to get away from everyone else lol.

Reactions: Deleted-236924

ars25

I like tacos and pie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
was in one a few years ago.was comming home from my aunts house we were driving in the freeway and then bam some guy's tire went flying out of his truck the tire rolled under our van comletely messing up the underside of the van and launching us into the air. after that we barely returned home. the second time this really drunk lady ramed into our van and car and according the insurance company our van was totaled (The whole side where she crashed was wrecked the door wouldn't open messed up the tires and worst of all messed up the vans front axles we were lucky that our car only got scratched.) altough she did try to run away her car broke down in front of our neighbors house got her out and held her so she wouldn't run away untill the cops came

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Seen one last year when stuck in a traffic jam on the way to work. Image of it still sticks in my head today. Only happened 100 metres in front of us and we filed through slowly after about 5 minutes once the police had come but the ambulances hadnt arrived. Anyway, when we drove slowly by I did what I shouldnt have done which was look, to see some 80 odd year old man had gone through the window screen of his car and was now on the grass with a coat over him, only it didnt quite cover all his head, of which there wasn't much left of. Obviously died there and then. Its scary stuff indeed and i spent the first hour of work in the morning in the canteen tryin not to puke.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Been in two accidents with friends driving . One hit a tree at about 20mph after losing control on a dirt road. Nobody hurt, but the rich kids nice new truck didn't fare so well. About 1-2 K damage.

Another wreck was when my other friend slid his firebird off the road into a dirt mound going about 50mph around a sharp turn. He was going too fast due to trying to escape a car chasing us (another idiot friend inside flipped him off lol). I got a bloody nose sitting in the back seat, nobody else was hurt. Car totaled.

My mother's been in 3 wrecks in the last 2 years. She's getting old. :(

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Not yet, but it'll happen eventually.
I have my drivers license but I'm still pretty uncomfortable driving myself. I don't have enough experience yet to really find my own way and be safe ...

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not yet, but it'll happen eventually.
I have my drivers license but I'm still pretty uncomfortable driving myself. I don't have enough experience yet to really find my own way and be safe ...

Only problem with me is I don't really know how to get to the places that I need to go. It slowly clicks with me when I see something I recognize lol. But otherwise, I'm a really good driver.

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been there, done that. Here's a simplification: I was with my sister for all three of them.

One: we were driving on a sandy road and we went around a curve too fast and rammed into the wall-like thing that consisted of sand and rock.
Two: this lady pulled into the fast lane going 25 miles an hour and we were going about 60. The road was clear, so she decided to pull out onto the highway. And she got right into the fast lane just as we reached the same point in the road. She went to the hospital; not dead, though.
Three: This police car was parked in the right lane and a bright red car was parked right behind it. And, y'know, there was a gas station next to a restaurant right there where they could've parked. And then the guy had the nerve to give us a look that said, "Why did you crash into my car? It cost $50,000." I was like, "Bitch, you parked in the middle of the goddamn road: what the fuck is your problem?" I didn't say that out loud, though.

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
I've been in a total of 5 car accidents so far with my brother beating me by 1 i believe. None of them were serious, but were potentially dangerous. I can't really remember most of them except the recent ones.

So here it goes: My first to 4th accident happened when i was around the age of 4-13. While i cant remember a shit of the 3 first other than hearing that our car got wasted, i remember partially of the 4th where we were supposed to go to Liseberg with our big familiy of my grandparents, and 2 families more which were my uncle/aunt/cousin with a total of 4 cars. We were in a high way when a car at the front did a sudden stop ending up chaining all 4 of the cars (We were driving in a line. Awesome right?). The one that stopped got totally wrecked at the back. The second car ended up being unusable and totally wrecked. The third which i were sitting on didn't even get a visible scratch, but it had some kind of leakage when we returned home. As for the rest of the cars, they were simply scratched and dented. I was sleeping so i got woken up by a big BANG and then another bang shortly after.

The last one which was recent was when my friend, his brother and i was driving to The Gathering 2013. A big lan party hosted in Norway. Now on our way the road was very slippery and the speed limit was 80 kmh. My friend was actually driving at 75? Was playing monster hunter so didnt pay to much attention when the car suddenly started to slip a little by little and before we knew it, it started to turn in a 360 degree and then hit those metal bars with a POM. We were really lucky that there were no cars on the other side of the lane, and when they came they came slowly and made sure we were alright. (You lose your license if you drive past a car accident without trying to help, unless there are already people helping)

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Never been in a car accident myself, but this is what my old man does when he was allowed to drive....

6168_97238082529_4278638_n.jpg

He's diabetic, blacked out behind the wheel on his way to work, barrel rolled this thing into some poor little old lady's garden. She'd just spent months arranging her flowerbed. Woke up the next day and there's a burning car in it.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I've witnessed a few minor ones. Shattered glass and dents, but nothing more serious than that.
I've also been in a car bumping into another car at a parking lot... not much of a crash.

The closest thing to crashing must've been when me and a pal (we were both 15, legal driving age in Sweden is 18) were out sliding around in a junk car in the winter. Slipping and sliding (with the use of the hand break) into piles of snow, denting the doors and such... It was a lot of fun.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've been in only one (we were stopped at a 4-way, one guy decided to turn, another guy decided not to stop there and hit him, resulting in one of them swinging into the side of our vehicle), but I've witnessed several.
One of the more notable occurrences was on a two-lane section of the Trans-Canada highway, where I saw truck driver hit a guy on a motorcycle after overtaking an RV, knocking the guy into the ditch on the side of the road (my parents wouldn't let me take a look at the victim as I was too young at the time, but they said that all of his limbs were dislocated and bent in unnatural directions). Another one I saw (well, I only saw the aftermath of it) caused an SUV to flip upside down in the middle of an intersection. And I've seen at least 2 other instances that resulted in bloody windshields. Other than that, I've also seen dozens of simple fender-benders, no big deal.

I also distinctly remember witnessing a deer getting hit by a car on the highway. We nearly hit the poor thing too; we (and the car to our right) slowed down at the sight of the deer, while the SUV to our left just kept going. The deer darted across the road, but came to a complete stop directly in front of the SUV. Slamming into the SUV, the deer then spiralled into the air, limbs frozen straight, as the SUV's right headlight shattered into pieces.

Fluto

A potato in disguise
Trophies
XP
Country
I got hit by a car when I was (legally) crossing the traffic lights. Got knocked over, and my face scraped against the floor, but in a month the cuts and bruises went away.

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My only involvement in one was when I stopped at a red light and the guy behind me... didn't. Just a little cosmetic damage to the bumper (scratches and a tiny hole).

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
School bus made an illegal left turn. Ended up having to stop in the middle of the road right in front of me. The road was slick, so even though I was going below the speed limit, I couldn't make the stop in time. Ended up swerving at the right time, and merely glanced off the bus. Those things are built like a tank. There was seriously no damage to that bus, even though my car was totaled. Now I treat school busses as a road hazard, and always drive slower around them. Fuck school busses.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: These cotton candy grapes be pretty addictive