1. MushGuy

OP MushGuy GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Hello, so I had understood that CCC Vol. 2 is very picky when it comes to memory cards, and only saves to official and licensed cards like the yellow Nyko card, but not to unlicensed cards like the Action Replay card, because it instead gives me the message "Corrupt Capcom Classics Collection Vol. 2 settings data was found on memory card (8MB)(For PlayStation 2) in Memory Card Slot 1." This is despite my card being 16MB. Is there some kind of CodeBreaker code to disable this and use the card anyway? Or is there some way to fix this through OPL? Thanks in advance.

2. MaeseJesus

MaeseJesus GBAtemp Advanced Fan

I personally never found a "fix" for this, because as far as I know this is no issue at all, it's intended by Sony to "combat" third party memory producers, specially the ones offering Memory Cards with bigger storage, and it's something they did with the first PlayStation too.

When this type of "issue" is found, it's often times in games published by large companies such as Capcom, Konami or Square/Enix. Games like Silent Scope or God Hand also suffer from this. The biggest advice I can give you is try to either get an official used one (which is risky because the state of it can be from good to absolutely terrible) or settle with a 8MB third party one and pray that it passes the checks and lets you save.

Sony never produced larger Memory Cards, I imagine so they can sell more MCs to people. The "Memory Card (8MB) for PlayStation2®" thing you see when saving and such is a baked line of text, it'll say it no matter what you put in the console.

Last edited by MaeseJesus, Jul 16, 2020
  3. tech3475

tech3475 GBAtemp Addict

Doesn’t OPL support virtual memory cards? I’ve never used them though.

4. MaeseJesus

MaeseJesus GBAtemp Advanced Fan

I haven't tried it, but I know not every game is compatible with virtual memory cards. It should be worth a shot, although I don't remember if OPL was capable of launching and reading games through the DVD drive (I didn't see that option on my setup, although I probably have a quite old version of OPL or something).

5. MushGuy

OP MushGuy GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    OK, I guess I'll settle with both my Nyko card (which currently has Free MCBoot, and works with CCC V2), and my 16MB card for all other saves. Thanks for the advice.

6. rs1n

rs1n GBAtemp Regular

United States
    This particular game doesn’t like VMCs either. It may work initially but it will eventually “corrupt” like any unofficial card. When I play using my physical disc there is absolutely no issue with Sony memory cards. Likewise there are no issues with real MCs when using OPL and an internal HDD.

EDIT: would be nice if someone could offer up a patch for this

Last edited by rs1n, Jul 18, 2020
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Collection, Classics, Capcom