Capcom: Another De-make On The Way

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Hadrian, Jan 6, 2010.

Jan 6, 2010
  1. Hadrian
    OP

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Sourcey

You know, case Dead Rising Wii worked out so well. [​IMG]

Of course we all know that they have experimented with Resident Evil 5 Wii but seeing that Darkside Chronicles bombed and so did pretty much every other M rated title last year (though HotD: Overkill did well) we probably won't see it. Thats if they are talking about the Wii that is.

Place you bets?

EDIT: Sorry read it wrong, sounds like they mean like Dark Void Zero, a next gen game being remade retro style.

2. Maikel Steneker

Member Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

Netherlands
    You read it right the first time... I think. They're talking about Dark Void Zero, the DSi game, and then they say there will be another demake besides Dark Void Zero and Megaman 10.

I really hope RE5 will finally come to Wii... but I doubt it. I don't even think that's what they mean.

3. GeekyGuy

Global Moderator GeekyGuy Professional loafer

United States
    In that case, I'll take a new (retro-style) Bionic Commando. ReArmed was cool, but it wasn't as great as many folks like to think it was. Hell, the Capcom library is vast. They've got tons to pull from, and it's about time they loosen their ass cheeks a bit.

4. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    It wouldn't be too hard to say RE5. Darkside Chronicles may have done bad, but I thought RE4 did quite well (yet again, it was already a well-known title and only $20). Considering that they're making a bunch of RE5 special editions, it seems the obvious choice. There's not much else in the Capcom library that we would see for the Wii (DMC 4 Wii!).

5. FestusArrestUs

Banned FestusArrestUs Banned

United States
    Its RE5.

Re4 sold over a million units on the Wii. Capcom wants money.

And honestly, although Dead Rising Wii was horribly butchered, I still had fun playing the game. Go figure?

6. yuyuyup

Member yuyuyup GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    don't butcher

7. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    I have to agree with Dead Rising. I didn't play a whole lot of the original but the Wii version, while a terrible port of it, had its mindless fun. Now if they built Dead Rising off the Sengoku Musou 3 engine, we'd be having a different conversation.

If they sell RE5 for $20 on start-up and have good gameplay, it'll probably sell well. Not all mature games fail for the Wii, they just don't push millions of units like Mario Kart Wii (17+ million units). CoD5 sold over a million units on the Wii. CoD4 is also following the same trend as CoD5 and, odds are, will sell over a million units.

Anyway, don't think Capcom would butcher a RE5 "demake". Dead Rising's main flaw was that the Wii wasn't powerful enough. If you could have 800 zombies on screen (which was the supposed limit in the 360/PS3 versions) instead of 100, things would be different. Considering how well RE4 was on the Wii, I can have high hopes for RE5.

8. blackdragonbaham

Member blackdragonbaham GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Germany
    what's a demake? [​IMG]

9. Ryupower

Member Ryupower Brood

United States
    a re-release of a game, that is redone but the it is s----y, and worst then when the game when it was 1st release

Dead Rising Wii was a de-make, right?

10. yuyuyup

Member yuyuyup GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    here's a great capcom demake

Street Fighter Alpha GBC

11. blackdragonbaham

Member blackdragonbaham GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Germany
  12. ReverseFate

Newcomer ReverseFate Advanced Member

Canada
    Yeah...no

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=230815

Darkside Chronicles will probably be the last decent game from Capcom to see a release on the Wii (not counting MH3). Expect only shovelware from now on. V__V