Can't update rebug

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Tackskull, Apr 9, 2019.

1. Tackskull
    OP

Tackskull GBAtemp Regular

Nov 29, 2017
    France
    I had my ps3 cfw on 4.82 but I did the mistake to update to 4.83 so I wasn't able to use cfw anymore.
    I installed the 4.84 hfw and flashed the ps3. Now I have to install rebug tool 4.84 and following the guides on the internet I should first download an update files of rebug. The I have to rename it on PS3UPDATE.PUP and moving into the usb (usbroot/PS3/UPDATE/PS3UPDATE.PUP). I followed everything step by step but once I go on "update system via usb", when the updating reach around 65% a message appear saying "files damaged". I tryied many times but I am not able to update rebug. What can I do? Is that maybe because I already have an older version of rebug already installed on the ps3?

2. Tackskull
    OP

Nov 29, 2017
    France
    Nobody can help me? I am stuck

3. Flame

Flame Me > You

GBAtemp Patron
    Flame is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 15, 2008
    from what i remember you did a mistake by naming it:-

PS3UPDATE.PUP

it shouldn't have an "E" correct way is

PS3UPDAT.PUP

4. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    if you're on cfw, enable update debug (qa). then, place the update (can be named anything) in hdd0/updater/01. many people have experienced problems updating rebug via the recovery menu. I personally always update using update debug. it works well to keep things organized, and I can downgrade if need be.

5. Tackskull
    OP

Nov 29, 2017
    France

Can you explain me how to do that? I am not sure if I am on cfw or hfw. I surely flashed the ps3, but once I have to update rebug via usb, a message say file damaged.

ps: yes in the first post of this topic I wrote UPDATE.PUP but the file on my usb is correctly wrote UPDAT.PUP

6. smf

smf GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 23, 2009
    I always found I had to boot to recovery mode first. Alternatively you can try installing one of the other cfw and then install rebug. There seems to be something about rebug which stopped me installing it first. I thought they might have fixed it as there was a recent change to prevent that error message, I assume you've got the latest...