Hacking Can't transfer backup of Castlevania for PSP from my 3.63 to 3.60

tomtensfarfar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I own Castlevania Chronicles X legitimately and would like to use it on my 3.60 Vita, but I dunno how to accomplish this. The file ends up corrupted when trying to transfer to my 3.60 using QCMA; would it work if I got myself a PSP and tried to do it that way? Is there a better way? Thanks in advance.

MKKhanzo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, when I had my old psp, I could NEVER pass thesaves from that same game, across psp´s and even using the original game, if this helps you.

Reactions: tomtensfarfar

tomtensfarfar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, when I had my old psp, I could NEVER pass thesaves from that same game, across psp´s and even using the original game, if this helps you.
I'm referring to the game itself, but that's not great news. I assume that the game is out of the question as well then.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I'm referring to the game itself, but that's not great news. I assume that the game is out of the question as well then.
No, because what he said has absolutely nothing to do with the way the Vita works.

As to your original question, what do you mean by it ends up corrupted? Do you get an error message that specifically says it's corrupted, or just some error message? I assume you're using the same PSN account on both Vita's? If so, do you know if the 3.60 one is activated? It's possible that the lack of activation means it can't generate a proper license file, in which case you might be able to transfer one from the PSP over to the Vita (basically pull it from PSP/License, put it in ux0:/pspemu/PSP/License and then try launching the game).

Reactions: tomtensfarfar

tomtensfarfar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No, because what he said has absolutely nothing to do with the way the Vita works.

As to your original question, what do you mean by it ends up corrupted? Do you get an error message that specifically says it's corrupted, or just some error message? I assume you're using the same PSN account on both Vita's? If so, do you know if the 3.60 one is activated? It's possible that the lack of activation means it can't generate a proper license file, in which case you might be able to transfer one from the PSP over to the Vita (basically pull it from PSP/License, put it in ux0:/pspemu/PSP/License and then try launching the game).
Thanks a bunch for replying. It says it's corrupted just as it's finished, and I tested it on both my Vita and PS TV. Ah, it might be due to the lack of activation then. Don't have a PSP so I want to be sure before I make a purchase. I recently read that using Adrenaline doesn't introduce any extra input lag so maybe it's just best to go that route instead. Sucks that I bought the game for nothing though, seeing as I already have a physical copy of it as well (for collecting purposes). I could play it on my 3.63 but I mainly use that one for getting patched versions of my physical games.

tomtensfarfar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Not at this time, the only way to get it working is by using a PS3 to transfer a PSP game over (which will both activate your Vita and provide a base game for Adrenaline to hook into).

I'll try to transfer another game using QCMA, but maybe that's not the same thing.

edit: it didn't work using QCMA, and my PS3 is still in a coma from trying to transfer to another system. I'll try in a few days once it's done and let you know. Thank you very much for your help.

Last edited by tomtensfarfar,

tomtensfarfar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
To be sure, open up VitaShell/Molecular Shell and check in tm0:npdrm for an act.dat file that is bigger than 0kb. If so, it's probably activated.
I couldn't start my legitimate copy of Wipeout Pulse so I'm gonna have to use the PS3 transfer that you mentioned. Thanks a lot for informing me, otherwise I would've thought it was useless for PSP.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Has he had seizures before?