Gaming Cant see 3d effect ...

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. ok
2..are you serius? many people says the effect its amazing...BTW I have nyko power pak + so....

Many people say many things, and they're usually casual gamers. The 3D effect is pointless. It's kinda cool for 5 minutes, then you'd get bored of it because it adds nothing to the actual game.
All the 3D is, is a gimmick targeted at the 3D crazed general populace. Nothing else.
Excuse me, but I quite enjoy the 3D effect in Mariokart 7 and Ocarina of Time.

Reactions: 2 people

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. ok
2..are you serius? many people says the effect its amazing...BTW I have nyko power pak + so....

Many people say many things, and they're usually casual gamers. The 3D effect is pointless. It's kinda cool for 5 minutes, then you'd get bored of it because it adds nothing to the actual game.
All the 3D is, is a gimmick targeted at the 3D crazed general populace. Nothing else.

there no such thing as a casual or hardcore gamer

camus24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
First: @frogboy...well not exactly to frogboy, is more to say that is true, some people can see it, is an eye problem, you should go to check your eyes..this is real I'm not trolling,

Second: The distance between the 3ds and your eyes should be minimum 30 to 35 cm with the 3d on, with the 3d off is up to you if you want it at 10 cm. And is like a depth 3d, although games like super mario 3d land has a little pop out 3d (a little), and also let you choose between depth and pop out and the differences are huge.

third: If is not your eyes, give the 3ds to other person and check if he or she can see the 3d on your 3ds, if they also can't see it is your 3ds, is an option, is for eliminate variables.

Fourth: the 3d for some games is a gimmick, something you say, "OMG it looks great" an no more, the most time i spend playing with the 3ds is with the 3d off, just for videos or animation is when i turn it on, but some game like super mario 3d land (in some parts, the most parts) is required, you see the depth and jump better. If you buy the 3ds just for the 3d, with i high probaility you should end up hate it, the important on the 3ds are the games, the 3d is a plus, the games are the important thing. I love cave story even with the "poor" graphics (pc, no 3ds), the history and the gameplay really nail me on the taste.

Fifth: hardcore gamer and casual gamer is stupid, well i'm hardcore because i play a game to get the 140% of the game even with mario games (not like other to only say, hadcore gamer= battlefield o call of duty), but is stupid a gamer is a gamer, just exist preferences, some persons prefers games like angry birds, memory games, farmville (i hate this one), etc, but others prefers classic games, shooters games, FPS..etc

Sixth: All the above is IMO

Lusankya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Some people just can't see it.
That's what I heard as well. If you can see it, all you have to do is looking straight at your 3DS. If you watch from an angle you see two pictures.
It may not add anything to the gameplay, but I really like the 3D effect. It always feels weird, if I turn it off.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ignore all those who bash on the 3D. it's great, and if you can't see it, it's probably your eyes (or you may be stereo blind to a degree).

all this gimmick talk is pretty much your standard trash talk. i watched Legends of the Guardians on my 3DS and the effect is amazing. the screen is tiny, to be fair, but it's really very immersive. will be watching Avatar 3D next. ^_^

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
The 3D is very good. The only downside for me is that it saps quite a lot more of battery, hence I only turn it on when necessary (like Swapnote).

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
Just a quick question — how many eyes do you have? You need at least two working eyes to have depth perception ;)

GameGeek

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
1: Turn caps lock off
2: Turn 3D off. It's a useless feature anyway. All it does is drain your battery really fast.
Either answer Roxasorg13's question or don't bother replying. He didn't ask you to decide for him whether he should use the feature.

Yes, there is.

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1: Turn caps lock off
2: Turn 3D off. It's a useless feature anyway. All it does is drain your battery really fast.
Either answer Roxasorg13's question or don't bother replying. He didn't ask you to decide for him whether he should use the feature.

Yes, there is.

explain it to me cuz all i see is if you dont play bloom dark FPS you are casual and thats just dumb

GameGeek

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
explain it to me cuz all i see is if you dont play bloom dark FPS you are casual and thats just dumb

People who mainly play casual games like Wii Play or Raving Rabbids are casuals.
People who mainly play hardcore games are hardcore gamers.
Is that so hard to understand?

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

People who mainly play casual games like Wii Play or Raving Rabbids are casuals.

i play

Raving Rabbids and wii play so i am casual ?

Reactions: 1 person
D

Deleted-236924

The 3D effect is pointless. It's kinda cool for 5 minutes, then you'd get bored of it because it adds nothing to the actual game.
In Super Mario 3D Land, there are some bonus rooms that are easier to figure out if you have 3D on.
Though they can be completed without it, they're harder without.

Regardless, I still play with the 3D off.

ace1o1

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
animeforumz.com
XP
Country
United States

I play those games and Borderlands, Serious Sam, Mad World, Modern Warfare at times, Gears of War, God of War, etc.

I just consider myself a gamer.

GameGeek

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

i play

Raving Rabbids and wii play so i am casual ?
Are those the only kind of games you play?
If so, then yes, you're casual.

Circular argument >_<
No, it isn't. If you don't know if you don't know what makes a game casual (therefore, not hardcore), see here.

I play those games and Borderlands, Serious Sam, Mad World, Modern Warfare at times, Gears of War, God of War, etc.

I just consider myself a gamer.
So you play mainly hardcore games? Then you're probably a hardcore gamer, regardless of what you consider yourself.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think hardcore is when someone has like hardcore in their sentence 4 or 5 times to try subtract anything they bashed and consider casual, so
they can either sell or promote it themselves.
-see hypocrites

Source KingVamp

Do you know how much twist and turns people use to say what is a hardcore and casual game/gamer. You didn't think wiki is subject to those twist and turns.
It is getting to the point people really didn't care what the "true" definition of a "hardcore" gamer/game is. People are only using their definition of it
to "show" how big their e-pens is and to bash things they don't like. Another part isn't giving a care altogether and just calling themselves a gamer
like before all this nonsense.

Reactions: 2 people

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: well.. Sorta new :)