Can't reinstall HBC

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Snugglevixen, Nov 8, 2015.

1. Snugglevixen
    OP

Snugglevixen Fox Princess

Feb 17, 2015
    New Zealand
    My den
    I uninstalled HBC to reinstall it when I has having the aspect ratio problem before I found out I just needed to install an alternative channel.
    I selected continue in hackmii to install HBC and got a message I didn't read before I accidentally hit exit
    Now the hackmii installer says I don't have an exploitable IOS to install with, I think this might be the same message that came up when I exited the first time except it comes up off the bat.

Was there some Wii U update that removes IOSes or something? Is there a fix other than to buy another Wii? I have a collection of PAL games I can't play without HBC.

2. gunner007

gunner007 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    Usually happens when you have patched/modified any IOS lower than 80. If you look on the SD, there's usually .log file, post it here.

3. Snugglevixen
    OP

Feb 17, 2015
    New Zealand
    My den
    basically says it fond all the IOSes, tried to use one then "something weird happened"

Attached Files:

4. gunner007

gunner007 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    Boot your vWii normally, and go into the save data. Do you have a HBC save data? If so, delete it. Then try the exploit again.

Last edited by gunner007, Nov 8, 2015
    CosmoCortney likes this.
  5. Snugglevixen
    OP

Feb 17, 2015
    New Zealand
    My den
    worked thanks

CosmoCortney likes this.