Hacking Can't play discs anymore (Disc Error, 002, etc.)

sub89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello everybody,

I have a softmodded wii (bought it on its launch day) that has unknowingly been updated by my younger brother.

Now It wont play neither my burned disc nor my original games. Not with any launcher (gecko, neogamme, uloader, etc.)

I haven't been into the homebrew-scene since yeaaaars, and everybody seems to be focusing on hard drives, so i couldn't find a solution to my problem via google.

Can somebody help me? I downgraded it again with letterbomb, and used modmii to replace all original ios with cios etc.

What do I have to do to play my collection of discs again? As far as I remember I need a specific version of CIOS, but i don't remember which one it was anymore.

I'd be sooo happy if somebody could help me, because I wanted to play it with my family on christmas.

If you tell me what kind of additional information you need, I'll need some time to reply, tomorrow will be a tough and busy day for me, so if I dont reply in time, that doesn't mean I don't care or sth.

Thx in advance

sub89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Just an update...SysCheck crashes on me with a black screen (error occured etc...), tried 3 different version, they all fail at the point where the progress bar reaches the end, so no report is created on the sd card. I googled it and it said that its because of bootmii, that i dont have the bootmii files on my sd card while bootmii is installed on the wii. So i have to look first where i saved bootmii on my pc...

Only thing i can say is, that i have IOS 58 (rev 6176)..

hopefully its not a problem with the disc drive...but will report back once i get trough this syscheck.

Thx for the help

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just an update...SysCheck crashes on me with a black screen (error occured etc...), tried 3 different version, they all fail at the point where the progress bar reaches the end, so no report is created on the sd card. I googled it and it said that its because of bootmii, that i dont have the bootmii files on my sd card while bootmii is installed on the wii. So i have to look first where i saved bootmii on my pc...

Only thing i can say is, that i have IOS 58 (rev 6176)..

hopefully its not a problem with the disc drive...but will report back once i get trough this syscheck.

Thx for the help

Did you follow the instructions in the link I posted?

sub89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Did you follow the instructions in the link I posted?

Yes, I did. But it always turns into this black screen with that error codes and reloads, once the progress bar is at 100%. It doesn't freeze on any of the IOSs

Couldn't find Bootmii yet...must have burned it on some data disc or sth.

I'm thinking about doing this, if things don't work out in time (Cleaning the lens with a selfmade Lens Cleaner Disc) :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CX_29G6DZQE

Or should I stay away from that?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Yes, I did. But it always turns into this black screen with that error codes and reloads, once the progress bar is at 100%. It doesn't freeze on any of the IOSs

Couldn't find Bootmii yet...must have burned it on some data disc or sth.

I'm thinking about doing this, if things don't work out in time (Cleaning the lens with a selfmade Lens Cleaner Disc) :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CX_29G6DZQE

Or should I stay away from that?
You can recreate the bootmii files on your SD card using HackMii Installer.

sub89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Holy frick! It didn't work with Bootmi on SD neither, so I did what was shown on the Youtube Video... A LOT of dust came out on the tissue, but i must have hit sth. wrong....now i cant slide the discs into the wii...they get stuck halfway trough.

My option now seems to be to quickly get 3-4 important games and play them trough usb. The burned discs also require some special drive to dump the iso out of them right? Or is it only with the original Wii discs?

sub89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Just download the games (you're on your own for finding where) and put them on your USB and play them with CFG USB Loader (set it up with the help of ModMii)

I did exactly that :) Now im hooked on the wii again. Still waiting for Zelda to buy a WiiU tough^^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.