1. Arrowbow1

OP Arrowbow1 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Exactly what it says. I need to install a NAND for use in Dolphin by converting a WAD but I don't know how to. I need some serious help.

2. XFlak

XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Cyprus
    You can extract a nand.bin using showmiiwads tools. Or you can construct a virgin Emunand using modmii for windows. Or u can dump an emunand using usbloader gx.

I'm not sure if there are any specific caveats to using an emunand with dolphin, I'm assuming it will accept any standard emunand, but if this is not the case please disregard my answers

Scott_pilgrim likes this.
  3. Arrowbow1

OP Arrowbow1 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    How do you
    I'm new to NANDs, let alone virgin NANDs but how to make a NAND? I'm sorry, but this is my first time dumping NANDs

4. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    With BootMii. https://bootmii.org/download/

Scott_pilgrim and jeannotte like this.
  5. XFlak

Cyprus
    to make a virgin nand open up modmii, pick sneek, then pick the option to build an emulated nand and follow the prompts. ModMii is a tool intended for the Wii, not dolphin, so while it should work I cannot say for certain. For example, modmii will build a fresh emulated nand, and when it's booted by a Wii for the first time, it will expand some of those files, then load the system menu. Subsequent boots are much quicker because the files have already been expanded. I'm not sure if dolphin would expand the files in a similar fashion, presumably it would, but I'm not certain. And if it doesn't, ModMii's virgin nands would need to be launched on a Wii and it's files expanded before being able to work on dolphin.

Scott_pilgrim and jeannotte like this.
  6. Arrowbow1

OP Arrowbow1 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I dumped your virgin nands from ModMii to ShowMiiWads and extracted them to ShowMiiNands. I put the NAND backup path to the pl_jp folder of your ModMii folder. What should I do next?

7. XFlak

Cyprus
    What u said doesn't make sense, maybe you're just describing it poorly.

In any case, I'm not familar with dolphin... so I can only help you in so much as to construct an emunand

Edit: do you own a Wii?

8. Arrowbow1

OP Arrowbow1 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Yes, I own one, and I'm on the final steps of constructing an emunand via show mii nands. I just need to know what to do next

Last edited by Arrowbow1, Mar 10, 2021
  9. tswntk

tswntk GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Switzerland
    Doesn't Dolphin come with a nand built in? Have you set the paths in Dolphin?

I still don't get why ppl don't ask the developers in Dolphin's official forum instead...

10. Arrowbow1

OP Arrowbow1 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I'm trying to use the NAND for the Wii Shop Channel since Dolphin's built-in NAND doesn't work. The Channel works as of 2021 in Dolphin. Does setting the path to Dolphin work to put install said NAND from showmiinands?

Last edited by Arrowbow1, Mar 11, 2021
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - ShowMiiNANDS, install, dolphin