Hacking Can't install HBC using HackMii

FiveseveN

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The installer tells me that it couldn't find a vulnerable IOS

Went on HBC says it is probably caused by cIOSCORP or Wii System Update.

Anyone know how to get HBC on?

MagusDraco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So no way to use wad manager, no hackable IOSes somehow.

...huh.

Maybe try doing a banner bomb but instead of using the hackmii installer as the boot.dol try something else that will fix one of your IOSes so it'll work agian.

Whatever you run will have to be put onto your sd card as boot.dol in the root of the sd card.

FiveseveN

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
MagusDraco said:
So no way to use wad manager, no hackable IOSes somehow.

...huh.

Maybe try doing a banner bomb but instead of using the hackmii installer as the boot.dol try something else that will fix one of your IOSes so it'll work agian.

Whatever you run will have to be put onto your sd card as boot.dol in the root of the sd card.

ok cool got wad manager up. its preset to ios249 and wont let me install the original ios36. When i change it to 250 it will allow me to install the ios. I installed the ios and it still giving me that error. How do I know I am using the right ios36.

Here is the one I am using. IOS36-64-v3351

dajavax

Trophies
Website
www.dajavax.tk
XP
Country
Mexico
IOS36-64-v1042

EDIT: you can restore the latest version (v3351) after installing HBC
biggrin.gif
... if you want

FiveseveN

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
dajavax said:
IOS36-64-v1042

EDIT: you can restore the latest version (v3351) after installing HBC
biggrin.gif
... if you want

Thank You! I am back up and playin back-ups! haha Thanks everyone. Thanks for clarifying the correct ios36 ver!

Sigh! Relief

jcasas392

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@:fiveseven, and dajavax. THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH!! wad manager + ios 250 + IOS36-64-v1042 = SUCCESS!! all day i've been trying to do this, and this was the solution! I AM ONE HAPPY MOTHERF*UCKER right now! I thank you from the bottom of my heart!!!

FiveseveN

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
jcasas392 said:
@:fiveseven, and dajavax. THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH!! wad manager + ios 250 + IOS36-64-v1042 = SUCCESS!! all day i've been trying to do this, and this was the solution! I AM ONE HAPPY MOTHERF*UCKER right now! I thank you from the bottom of my heart!!!

I feel you! I am telling you I asked the right question lol. I am str8 pimped out right now lol.

BRYAN4D

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OMFG I LOVE YOU GUYS THIS WORKED FOR ME!!!! I HAD DAYS TRYIN TO FIX THIS!!!!!

Wad manager 1.5+ios250+IOS36-64-V1042= MOTHERF****** SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!

stupid2ass

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
How did you guys launch the Wad Manager? I tried renaming the dol to elf and placing it in the root of the SD card but couldn't get it to run (it errors out). None of the bannerbomb modules work for me so I had to do the Indiana PWNS method to even try to get it to launch but it fails everytime saying it's not a valid elf file and it looks for usbgecko (???) for some reason. Using the hackmii files, it fails to detect a valid IOS and resets the Wii just like you folks.

Thanks for any help. I'm about to do something nasty to the idiot that upgraded my perfectly working 3.2U Wii to 4.2U if I can't get this to work
hate2.gif

mmthabet

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey buddy i got the same problem, what you have to do is:
1- download that zipfile from here (http://www.4shared.com/file/146541081/862b651b/Fix.html) and unzip the contents into the root of an empty SD card.
2- click the SD icon on the Wii then insert the card in the wii click yes
3- the wad manager will launch choose ios 250 ,and then choose the SD card and choose the file named (IOS36-64-v1042.wad) and install it and then restart wii
4- now download the hackmii installer latest version and extract the file boot.elf after deleting the previous boot.dol from the root of ur SD card
5- click the SD icon on the Wii then insert the card in the wii click yes
6- you can now install homebrewchannel, bootmii and dvdx

and thats it.

regards
Thabet

mishap

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi Guys,

I desperately need some help and after reading for hours i'm no closer to my goal. Previously I had a very nicely hacked wii including USB Loader GX with an external HD. Unfortunately my girlfriend for some unknown reason decided to update my wii to 4.2. (the possibility of murder did come to mind!)

I decided to start from scratch and remove everything i'd previously done (i'm now thinking that was a bad idea) including all the ios files above 200 and all i'm left with now is just preloader v.0.29 which i'm still not sure how to remove. I downloaded a 4.2 mod pack from here http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901 but i'm unable to install hackmii.

i'm really at a loss of what to do next. I have to admit i'm pretty careful and i read before i click but the only way i did this all last time was from an install pack. If anyone could give me clear instructions and provide me with something i can just put on an SD card i'd be really grateful.

Hoping someone can help

mishap

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, How high are you?