Can't get the diskwriter to work

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by cassandra, Jul 30, 2015.

1. cassandra
    OP

cassandra Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 30, 2015
    Canada
    I have read as many threads,post and articles I could find on how to fix this and I can't do it. I have a 32gb mirco sd card and a 128gb mirco sd card and i have downloaded and redownloaded the diskwriter 2.02 so many times and I have gotten as far as as getting the extracted file onto my sd card but no matter whether I run it as an applicator or not an error always comes up. What can i do , i even made sure the 32gb was on fat32 it just wont work .

2. duwen

duwen Old Man Yoshi

Sep 6, 2013
    United States
    Bullet Hell
    Are you putting Diskwriter on your SD?
    Don't do that - run it from your pc... diskwriter will need to format the sd to it's own standard - it won't be able to do that if the exe is on the card.

3. cassandra
    OP

cassandra Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 30, 2015
    Canada
    so run it on my pc and it worked , I formatted it and put the template on but where and how do I get 3ds games .My sky3ds is still being shipped to me so I can't use the rom station because you need a serial number to use it.

4. duwen

duwen Old Man Yoshi

Sep 6, 2013
    United States
    Bullet Hell
    It's against this sites rules to give links for roms, but it shouldn't be too hard to find them using google... search things like "iso" and "3ds" and go with the top link ;)

5. cassandra
    OP

cassandra Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 30, 2015
    Canada
    Alright I'll try that out and post on this thread whether it works or not :)

6. cassandra
    OP

cassandra Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 30, 2015
    Canada
    I have another question (im still trying to find a rom site) , if i download lets say pokemon x rom can i trade with others online and not get banned ?

7. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Only if you have a Unique ID dumped from an original 3DS cart. Some users here offer Unique ID's, ask around.