Hacking Can't get Pal game to work on US Wii

joofoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone,

I just modded my wii with the wii-clip and I updated it with 1.9s, and also turned on region override with config1.4, I have 2 problems:

1)
I had a jap version of a naruto backup that works fine, but I downloaded a PAL version of Super Smash Bros Brawl and nothing I do seems to get it to work.

I've tried RegionFrii to make it US, and then patched it with wiibrickblocker and the wii still says unable to read disc, turn off wii and go read the manual.

I also tried using wiiscrambler and changing the main.dol thing (I read to do this somewhere) and that didn't work either.

The iso I got was not a DL one, it is only 4.37gb PAL version. I don't have a DL burner..

I am burning it with Roxio/Imgburn with DVD+RW at 2-3x speed

My wii is version 3.3

2)
I also have a Mario Strikers backup that I burned and the wii reads it, but it says I need to update. I am hesitant because it said its a PAL version in wiibrickblocker, but the file said NTSC

Can anyone help me out please?

darkhawk

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
1) Its not reading it because its the DVD5 version of SSBB which uses the trucha bug(to make the game fit on a single layer disc) which was fixed in 3.3 hence why your Wii wont read the disc.
Youll need to use GeckoRegionFree(homebrew) and boot it from there to make it work, this also goes for other games that have been patched/edited like the custom GHIII and DVD5 ver of SSBB.
http://hbc.hackmii.com/download/

2)Doesnt WiiBrickBlocker remove the update? The new Wiikey config menu has the option to block updates from games you could try that...

joofoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the fast reply! really appreciated.

For my second problem, after I patched it with wiibrickblocker, the disc was unable to be read by my wii. And the update block thing is on in my config for wiikey.

Any more suggestions?

I will try the first solution now and post up my results. Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://wccftech-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/wccftech.com/amd-800-series-am5-motherboards-launch-r...