Can't get Final Fantasy Crystal chronicles to work

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by TheDude879, Mar 26, 2009.

1. TheDude879
    OP

Newcomer TheDude879 Member

United States
    Everytime I start the game it goes to a white screen and freezes. I have tried quite a few things to get it to work and nothing seems to help.

I tried updating the loaders, have tried multiple copies of the rom file, none of it works. The only thing I actually got to work, played the game fine though anti-piracy was enabled, was actually DL'ing and installing the latest official firmware for the RPG, but getting cheats to work in it is annoying at best and the AKAIO firmware is just infinitely better.

I have no idea how to get it working, so any suggestions would be nice.

2. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    make sure all the patches/cheats are disabled for that rom. check the wiki for more info on how to do that. try it with different dma/non-dma modes (hold X or A). i know the rpg loader hasn't been updated (hasn't needed it) but the anti-piracy fixes should be fully ported over. i'll wait to let norm comment on this thread before giving you other ideas of what to try.

-another world

3. TheDude879
    OP

Newcomer TheDude879 Member

United States
    I got it working by disabling the soft reset option. Now it works fine. Thanks for the info!

4. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    if softreset is an issue for you, turn off all the other patches (including rumble). that way you should take up less ram, which will allow the rom to book and softreset to work. -- hopefully.

-another world