ROM Hack Can't get ctrtool to work

crazypairingperson

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every time I try to start up the program, it just flashes the window at me for barely a second, and then it goes away as if it never started up in the first place. Any suggestions?

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CTRTool is a command line program, not an executable. You need to run it from the CMD or Powershell.

EDIT: Nevermind, already answered.

SirFunkalo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CTRTool is a command line program, not an executable. You need to run it from the CMD or Powershell.

EDIT: Nevermind, already answered.
I'm very new to all of this, so this is probably going to be a dumb question: how to I use the command line to use CTRTool? I've tried following this guide, but I'm...not really sure how to navigate to a folder, and I haven't been able to find a guide online.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I'm very new to all of this, so this is probably going to be a dumb question: how to I use the command line to use CTRTool? I've tried following this guide, but I'm...not really sure how to navigate to a folder, and I haven't been able to find a guide online.
If you're in Windows: open Windows Explorer and navigate to the folder the exe is in. In the search bar, type cmd and press Enter. A command window will open. Type the name of the exe and press Enter. It should run, and any output should show within the command window.

Reactions: SirFunkalo

DylanWedman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To anyone who is having issues with using CTRTool, I'm working on a GUI for it, right now it only supports .cia files but I'm working on adding in the other files as I speak.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Time to just download more ram