Can't delete app from Wii U(installed using WUP Installer GX2)

funk192

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I downloaded 2 versions of a game through Wii U USB Helper "Nintendo×JOYSOUND Wii カラオケ U [0005000010102500]", and "Nintendo×JOYSOUND Wii カラオケ U [0005000010100D00]".

I installed both using WUP InstallerGX2 to my USB stick, the first one named here didn't work and I wanted to remove it but it isn't even listed when I go into my settings to delete it from my USB. I could delete the second one though as it is listed. I'm stuck with one that doesn't work.

What can I do? Don't really want to format the USB Drive....

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have to ask..... Why did you download AND install 2 different versions of the same game anyway??

Are you sure they both installed? If it is not on your menu I'd expect it to not show in data management settings either.

Reactions: jeannotte

funk192

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I have to ask..... Why did you download AND install 2 different versions of the same game anyway??

Are you sure they both installed? If it is not on your menu I'd expect it to not show in data management settings either.
I'm not sure which was the correct one, both did get installed and I could remove the second one as it was listed in the copy/delete menu. The first one never even showed in the copy/delete menu, even before installing the second one. Not sure what is different about it.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the indexer for the wii u is one of the barista files. there are two or three of them in internal storage. it's possible that it wasn't indexed properly, so a demo might fix it as I think those files are rebuilt each time something is installed. you could also check in the versions.bin file, which I think is in the slc, for the app. all updates and base games that are installed are recorded in there. it's the file that prevents you from downgrading a game, but it's easily fixable via hex editing. you just convert the hex of two bytes for each content to decimal format to get the version number of the apps. ;)

funk192

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I think the indexer for the wii u is one of the barista files. there are two or three of them in internal storage. it's possible that it wasn't indexed properly, so a demo might fix it as I think those files are rebuilt each time something is installed. you could also check in the versions.bin file, which I think is in the slc, for the app. all updates and base games that are installed are recorded in there. it's the file that prevents you from downgrading a game, but it's easily fixable via hex editing. you just convert the hex of two bytes for each content to decimal format to get the version number of the apps. ;)
Mmmm, way above my level of expertise :unsure::lol:

I tried downloading a demo, didn't help, even if I moved the demo to the NAND. I'm just going to try to move the apps/data to 2 smaller USBs and then back to the original. Going to take some time and learned my lesson not to download and install the app with no picture in Wii U USB Helper.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over