Homebrew Question Can't boot into Homebrew menu after launching games and RetroArch app crashes.

RookieHaxer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a bit of a problem, I haven't used my Switch in awhile and just installed the Smash Bros update a few nights ago nights ago. All of a sudden though, I'm unable to open the Homebrew menu when holding the R button while launching a game to use the extra bit of ram. I can only open Homebrew when launching the Album application in handheld mode now (pro controller when plugged into the TV didn't work). And when I try to launch RetroArch to play roms, the Switch crashes and gives me an error code for Atmosphere: 2168-0002 (0x4a8)

My Switch is currently on version: 10.0.4|AMS 0.14.0|E
I'm using the Atmosphere fusee-primary.bin payloader

I tried updating Atmosphere and sigpatches using the AIO Switch updater app but I'm still having the same issues.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a bit of a problem, I haven't used my Switch in awhile and just installed the Smash Bros update a few nights ago nights ago. All of a sudden though, I'm unable to open the Homebrew menu when holding the R button while launching a game to use the extra bit of ram. I can only open Homebrew when launching the Album application in handheld mode now (pro controller when plugged into the TV didn't work). And when I try to launch RetroArch to play roms, the Switch crashes and gives me an error code for Atmosphere: 2168-0002 (0x4a8)

My Switch is currently on version: 10.0.4|AMS 0.14.0|E
I'm using the Atmosphere fusee-primary.bin payloader

I tried updating Atmosphere and sigpatches using the AIO Switch updater app but I'm still having the same issues.
How is your SD card formatted?

RookieHaxer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try a clean installation of Atmosphere then.
In order to do that, would I just delete the atmosphere folder on my SD card and then download the updated Atmosphere on the internet and place it into the root of my SD card?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hbmenu in the root folder?
Themes?
What sysmodules?
I don't know what sysmodules are and I don't think I have any themes, but here is a picture fo the root of my SD card.
yQl0bMp.png

Edit:
Ok I think I got everything to work again. What I did, I tried holding the R trigger when launching another game (I think I was launching Mario 3D Allstars before but today I tried Sonic Mania) and I was able to boot into Homebrew. However, when I tried to launch RetroArch from Homebrew, my Switch got stuck on a black screen. So I downloaded an updated RetroArch from the internet and overwrote my RetroArch files on my SD card and now it seems to work! :) Thank you everyone, I'll make another post if things start to malfunction again, but so far it looks good.

Last edited by RookieHaxer,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @sombrerosonic, I've never seen you in a while. How's that game getting on?
  • sombrerosonic @ sombrerosonic:
    Unity is a asshole and I want to set it on fire
    +1
    and C++
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @sombrerosonic, "Unity to die. Coding is a fuck."
    Rez how else am I suppose to make my horny AI who wants people to love it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Real women are better, AI isn't worth the trouble.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Mine would be easy. All it has to do is bob it's head :D:evil::blush:
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Psi can make an AI babe lol.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I knew I should've bought the 50ft ethernet cord over the 25 lesson learned size matters
    +2
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    vffvb gferwbgereg
    :O [☎️ Bunjolio's mother that he's swearing]
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    she*
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fuck
    +1
  • J @ Just_Ragnar:
    What are mlc.bin files and are they important or can i delete them off my wii u sd card
    My apologies there little Miss @Bunjolio :mellow::blush::)
    Butt I'm still telling her :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Never gonna give you upNever gonna let you downNever gonna run around and desert youNever gonna make you cryNever gonna say goodbyeNever gonna tell a lie and hurt you
    I don't recognise the song. Which one is it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sigma
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Sometimes people make mistakes, if you correct them then they'll remember.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Try not to easily get offended if somebody calls you by different pronouns by mistake.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Try not to easily get offended if somebody calls you by different pronouns by mistake.