1. RookieHaxer

OP RookieHaxer Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I have a bit of a problem, I haven't used my Switch in awhile and just installed the Smash Bros update a few nights ago nights ago. All of a sudden though, I'm unable to open the Homebrew menu when holding the R button while launching a game to use the extra bit of ram. I can only open Homebrew when launching the Album application in handheld mode now (pro controller when plugged into the TV didn't work). And when I try to launch RetroArch to play roms, the Switch crashes and gives me an error code for Atmosphere: 2168-0002 (0x4a8)

My Switch is currently on version: 10.0.4|AMS 0.14.0|E
    I'm using the Atmosphere fusee-primary.bin payloader

I tried updating Atmosphere and sigpatches using the AIO Switch updater app but I'm still having the same issues.

2. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    How is your SD card formatted?

3. RookieHaxer

OP RookieHaxer Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Thank you for the response, sorry for the late reply though. My SD Card is Fat32

Last edited by RookieHaxer, Oct 31, 2020
  4. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Try a clean installation of Atmosphere then.

5. eyeliner

eyeliner Has an itch needing to be scratched.

Portugal
    Hbmenu in the root folder?
    Themes?
    What sysmodules?

6. RookieHaxer

OP RookieHaxer Member
    Newcomer

United States
    In order to do that, would I just delete the atmosphere folder on my SD card and then download the updated Atmosphere on the internet and place it into the root of my SD card?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I don't know what sysmodules are and I don't think I have any themes, but here is a picture fo the root of my SD card.
    [​IMG]

Edit:
    Ok I think I got everything to work again. What I did, I tried holding the R trigger when launching another game (I think I was launching Mario 3D Allstars before but today I tried Sonic Mania) and I was able to boot into Homebrew. However, when I tried to launch RetroArch from Homebrew, my Switch got stuck on a black screen. So I downloaded an updated RetroArch from the internet and overwrote my RetroArch files on my SD card and now it seems to work! :) Thank you everyone, I'll make another post if things start to malfunction again, but so far it looks good.

Last edited by RookieHaxer, Nov 18, 2020
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - launching, RetroArch, Homebrew