Hardware Can't acess browser anymore (10.0)

Snoliver

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yes I know I had weeks to upgrade to 10.3 but I bought my 3DS and didn't find a charger until 10.4 came out (this fills me despair btw), now I can't even access my browser to start the downgrade process, I have a O3DS. Any tips or do I have to wait until downgrading is available in the latest version?

Deleted member 370671

Ball of Kawaiiness
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
Yes I know I had weeks to upgrade to 10.3 but I bought my 3DS and didn't find a charger until 10.4 came out (this fills me despair btw), now I can't even access my browser to start the downgrade process, I have a O3DS. Any tips or do I have to wait until downgrading is available in the latest version?
You need to buy Cubic Ninja, a Sky3DS (to run Cubic Ninja), or Ocarina of Time 3D + a Save Dongle to launch the HBL and downgrade.

I would highly recommend to do this; otherwise, instead of spending some money, you'll have to wait for a new ARM11 exploit, which will probably come out later than sooner.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
You need to buy Cubic Ninja, a Sky3DS (to run Cubic Ninja), or Ocarina of Time 3D + a Save Dongle to launch the HBL and downgrade.

I would highly recommend to do this; otherwise, instead of spending some money, you'll have to wait for a new ARM11 exploit, which will probably come out later than sooner.
That's unlikely in the short term.
Best bet is buy a GW and wait a few weeks or a sky3ds.

Snoliver

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Kawaii and Zoogie: Well, I'm doing this to play 3DS games, so if I buy a Sky3DS I would just use it to play games lol (i'll buy the games when I can ofc)

mgrev: It's just that nag that says that I need to update, it seems messing with the DNS or something works but not on my version, seems like I'm stuck

porko

Trophies
XP
Country
firmwares >9.9 have a browser that checks if there's a newer firmware on launch, if there is it won't work, the message is along the lines of 'the browser cannot work in this software environment, please try again after updating'. there is a way around it (dns blocking), but it only works if you have launched the browser since updating but before a newer firmware was available.

the only way around this is using a different entry point as the others have suggested, the cheapest option is oot and a save dongle, though if you already have a exploited 3ds or a friend with one they can load the exploit onto the cartridge for you, that's what i did on my 10.3!

in quite a few cfw tutorials i have seen sections about disabling the update nag, i have no idea if this would help though.

HyeVltg3

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
though if you already have a exploited 3ds or a friend with one they can load the exploit onto the cartridge for you, that's what i did on my 10.3!

Wow wow wait, was about to make a thread asking this exact thing. buuut a CFW O3DS helping in the process to downgrade a N3DS.
Is this possible??
(geez I've posted this line a lot tonight;) I just pre-ordered the Fire Emblem Fates Edition N3DS and with the factor of the unknown fw that its going to ship with, I'm just preparing for the worst case scenario of it being >9.9 ofw. or worse 10+.
Could I use my current SysNAND 9.2, EmuNAND 10.5 O3DS to downgrade the N3DS to a "safer" ofw?

porko

Trophies
XP
Country
a 2nd 3ds with homebrew is only helpful when oothax is your only option. in this scenario, instead buying a save dongle you can directly load the exploit onto the cartridge through the homebrew channel.

HyeVltg3

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
a 2nd 3ds with homebrew is only helpful when oothax is your only option. in this scenario, instead buying a save dongle you can directly load the exploit onto the cartridge through the homebrew channel.

So, if I needed to downgrade a 10.3 ND3DS, do I just need to get OOT3D ? then I would have all the essential required items to downgrade the N3DS.

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, if I needed to downgrade a 10.3 ND3DS, do I just need to get OOT3D ? then I would have all the essential required items to downgrade the N3DS.
If you go the OoT route, you will need a way to flash the payload onto the save.

You can do this through another hacked 3DS or an Action Replay Powersaves Dongle. You can also do it through the homebrew menu if you have access to it. (Maybe on some other 3DS?)

Otherwise, get yourself a Sky3DS to emulate cubic ninja, because CN is basically selling at the same price as that flashcart nowadays (unless you get lucky, and you probably could)

Oh, and in case it weren't obvious: The card must be native to your console region. RegionFour won't work with the exploit.

Last edited by CrispyYoshi,

HyeVltg3

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you go the OoT route, you will need a way to flash the payload onto the save.

You can do this through another hacked 3DS or an Action Replay Powersaves Dongle. You can also do it through the homebrew menu if you have access to it. (Maybe on some other 3DS?)

Otherwise, get yourself a Sky3DS to emulate cubic ninja, because CN is basically selling at the same price as that flashcart nowadays (unless you get lucky, and you probably could)

Oh, and in case it weren't obvious: The card must be native to your console region. RegionFour won't work with the exploit.

Thanks Crispy for joining in, as mentioned above I do have a CFW'd O3DS, asking about the part where porky mentioned already having a exploited 3DS and using that to help downgrade another 3DS on 10.3 OFW.

Worst part is way back when OOT3D released I pre-ordered it, played and traded it in for another game, -sadpanda- think they're overpriced now and slightly "rare" because I heard they were discontinued (manufacturing new carts, stopped) and Im sure he oothax something to do with the price Used OOT3D carts are going for.

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Crispy for joining in, as mentioned above I do have a CFW'd O3DS, asking about the part where porky mentioned already having a exploited 3DS and using that to help downgrade another 3DS on 10.3 OFW.

Worst part is way back when OOT3D released I pre-ordered it, played and traded it in for another game, -sadpanda- think they're overpriced now and slightly "rare" because I heard they were discontinued (manufacturing new carts, stopped) and Im sure he oothax something to do with the price Used OOT3D carts are going for.
I've just sent you a link. Maybe that might work for you? (Assuming you have a USA console)

Intronaut

A star maker
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile

try this:
So I had success with a technique I found on another website with an o3DS running 10.3. The instructions were as follows:

1. Set your Wi-Fi connections DNS to 107.211.140.065 and exit Settings.
  2. Turn Wi-Fi off.
  3. Access the Browser and go to the Bookmarks section and edit an existing bookmark with this website: http://yls8.mtheall.com/3dsbrowserhax_auto.php
  4. Save bookmark and close browser with Home button. (if you don't the bookmark won't save).
  5. Turn Wi-Fi on.
  6. Open the browser and try to access a website. Once the dialog comes up denying access let the browser shut down.
  7. Edit Wi-Fi connections DNS back to Auto and exit Settings.
  8. As fast as possible, access the Browser and use the bookmark you made.
  9. Hopefully success!

This worked for me on an original old 3DS running 10.3 that had the update prompt. I installed MenuHax first thing and proceeded to downgrade it.

porko

Trophies
XP
Country
i wouldn't buy anything yet, there's still the chance of browserhax working!

i only went the oothax route because i was locked out of the browser, even with dns blocking. i don't have cn and unfortunately i sold my sky3ds when the new orange button was released, kind of jumped the gun there, i didn't really have my mind on exploits at the time and figured i had better sell before it's value dropped.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Remember to take your meds like AncientBoi.