Can't access system settings or E-shop on Omega 2.2

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by El Creepo, May 28, 2014.

1. El Creepo
    OP

El Creepo Newbie

Newcomer
    May 28, 2014
    Hi, I've lurked around the forum for a while now getting my head around how the gateway card works. I've come across a problem.

Today I updated to GW 2.2 Omega. and then tried to format emunand for the first time ever. (I've never used the E-shop before)
    After setting up emunand my system settings were "GW3D 4.4" I tried to use the system update tool which seemed to work. But after that I can't access the system settings menu or the E-shop. I assume the emunand was updated to the most recent firmware but I can't say for sure because when I click system settings or e-shop it gets stuck on the "Nintendo 3ds" loading screen.

Is it the most recent nintendo firmware to blame? 7.2?
    I have no problem reformatting emunand and trying again but is there a way of updating emunand to a slightly less recent firmware version which might give me access to the e-shop?

2. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

GBAtemp Patron
    gamesquest1 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 23, 2013
    Yeah system settings and eshop are broke in 7.2
    No way to update to anything below the latest FW
    And you can only access eshop on the latest firmware.

Just wait to see if gateway can fix it

3. Stickert

Stickert Member

Newcomer
    May 25, 2014
    Netherlands
    I'm also new to gateway, but as far as I know we have to wait for a new update from gateway to work with firmware 7.2. Till then we can't use settings and eshop. But the fact that you can't use them means you updated to 7.2 successfully. So yeah, the 7.2 FW is to blame.

4. El Creepo
    OP

El Creepo Newbie

Newcomer
    May 28, 2014
    So would I be right in thinking noone using gateway currently has access to the E-shop?

Thanks for your reply.

5. Bond697

Bond697 Dies, died, will die.

Jun 7, 2009
    United States
    CT
    anyone using the gw who updated to 7.2 and didn't back up their emunand partition, yes.

6. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

GBAtemp Patron
    gamesquest1 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 23, 2013
    Nobody using gateway have eshop access even if they did back up their emunand, eshop only works for the latest firmware out.

Only way to access eshop for gateway users ATM is if they have the NAND access hardware mod installed.....but most people don't so no point going into it

7. El Creepo
    OP

El Creepo Newbie

Newcomer
    May 28, 2014
    Thanks Gamesquest1. Very clear and concise answer. I still find some of the terms relating to gateway confusing :P

8. Bond697

Bond697 Dies, died, will die.

Jun 7, 2009
    United States
    CT
    oh, is that so? you can tell how much i actually use my 3ds.

gamesquest1 likes this.