Hacking Cannot run Wad Channels on the System Menu

norain

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So here's the thing... I went through a pretty straightforward tutorial... everything works flawlessly... EXCEPT, I can't run any program that I install as a channel.

I can click on... say... Wad Manager. It will show up with the little screen that says "Wii Menu" and "Start"... but when I click start... A bunch of Wii boxes across the screen and it reboots back to the System Menu.

If I run Wad Manager in the Homebrew channel... works just fine. Neo Gamma... Works fine... Any program you want to name works fine from the homebrew channel and WILL NOT work on it's own channel.

I've run CIOS38... I've done everything I can think of doing.

Now I need your help. I've asked all over the internet and been really disappointed. The few sites I've checked average about ten posts a day... total. (Where the hell ARE all the Wii owners at?)

Anyway...

History:

1. Purchased this system yesterday. Came with 2.2U could do nothing with it.
2. Picked up "Links Crossbow Training" for $1.99 updated to 3.0U
3. Ran bannerbomb from this tutorial http://www.pokemondaisuki.com/showthread.p...12933#post12933 installed homebrew channel
4. Followed this tutorial to the letter: http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-faqs-g...od-any-wii.html
5. Installed Wad Manager (1.4) as a channel... it reset the system.
6. Every other wad I tried to install... including Shopping and Internet channels... reset the system.
7. Everything works fine in the Homebrew Channel (and the homebrew channel itself is doing just fine.

Help... help... and PLEASE help.

Thank you. (Currently on 3.2)

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Be sure to install bootmii as boot2 if you didn't already, and make that backup as well. That backup might save your wii one day. If your wii only allowed you to install Bootmii as an IOS, bootmii offers no brick protection at all.

Consider just updating to 4.2 then following the "Simplistic Mod" guide stuck up top in this forum. Many seem to recommend it, although I don't (bricked my test wii trying it, found myself using bootmii, hence the above warning).

matguitarist

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi Norain

first u can get the latest wad manager 1.5 gui or use channel file manager 2.0 for installing your wad.

For lauching channel did you use forwarder or the real channel ??? maybe you get the forwarder ...

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what ios is the system menu currently set to use? if it isnt set to 30, then i would do that and try again.

if it is set to 30 and you still get this, first back up your nand with bootmii. then run ARC and reinstall system menu 3.2 and IOS30. it should most likely be one of the 2 of those that are borked. if you reinstall both and still cant run a channel, then it may mean that you somehow screwed up the system files in your wii, (TMD,Tik, UID, etc) and fixing these is something that requires somebody that knows what theyre doing.

norain

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
giantpune said:
what ios is the system menu currently set to use? if it isnt set to 30, then i would do that and try again.

if it is set to 30 and you still get this, first back up your nand with bootmii. then run ARC and reinstall system menu 3.2 and IOS30. it should most likely be one of the 2 of those that are borked. if you reinstall both and still cant run a channel, then it may mean that you somehow screwed up the system files in your wii, (TMD,Tik, UID, etc) and fixing these is something that requires somebody that knows what theyre doing.

Wow... 3 Responses! I can't believe it! I've been trying to get help on this since YESTERDAY. And I got one dude that said "Gee... I dunno..."

I have run bootmii... I've backed up my nand. How would I check which IOS the system is set to use?

Basically I ran the trucha (with I believe 31 since 36 wasn't an option) downgraded IOS15, installed patched 36, and restored IOS15.

How would I check which IOS the system menu is set to use? And how do I set it to 30? And why would I set it to 30? What's the difference between 30 and 36?

Lot's of questions I know... but it's ridiculously important that I understand.

norain

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
matguitarist said:
each system menu use a ios

3.0-3.2 use ios 30
3.4 use 50
4.0-4.1 use 60
4.2 use ios 70

other ios are use by game and vc

Gotcha. So what should I do now?

matguitarist

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
you're in 3.2 system menu right? you should upgrade to 4.2 via safe firware updater you get latest ios and SDHC support upgrading your ios will correct your problem

BE SURE TO HAVE PRELOADER AND OR BOOTMII BEFORE UPGRADING !

norain

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
matguitarist said:
you're in 3.2 system menu right? you should upgrade to 4.2 via safe firware updater you get latest ios and SDHC support upgrading your ios will correct your problem

BE SURE TO HAVE PRELOADER AND OR BOOTMII BEFORE UPGRADING !

Yeah I'm on 4.2. And I don't really want to upgrade to 4.2. Isn't it true that once you upgrade to 4.0 and up you can't downgrade?

And anyway, I'm really just looking for a way to get the channels working on 3.2. Everything else works fine. And I don't even have an SDHC card.

So how would I check which IOS System Menu is running, and how would I change it to IOS30?

EDIT: Oh... and just in case I didn't say it... I do have BootMii installed on Boot2. I just copied the Bootmii folder back over to test it and it started right up.

matguitarist

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
you can see witch one is use by system menu in preloader
if you have system menu 3.2 it use automaticaly ios 30 everything you boot use it own ios
game use only one ios at time

old game use often ios36 guitar hero use 56 for usb function etc ... vc use other one ios 55 ios 35 etc ...

norain

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
matguitarist said:
you can see witch one is use by system menu in preloader
if you have system menu 3.2 it use automaticaly ios 30 everything you boot use it own ios
game use only one ios at time

old game use often ios36 guitar hero use 56 for usb function etc ... vc use other one ios 55 ios 35 etc ...

It says IOS v30 and... curiously enough... Systemmenu v289... What the hell?

Any of this mean anything to anybody?

norain

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
matguitarist said:
cause in preloader setting u choose return to preloader instead of system menu

Yeah I just figured that out.

But why does it say the system menu is 289 instead of 3.2U?

matguitarist

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
3.2 ios the version of ios package, bc, mios and system menu each ios have a version + sub version ex : ios30 v2576, it's same for system menu, preloader check the version of install system menuyour is v289 = 3.2usa v449 = 4.1usa v481=4.2U

norain

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
matguitarist said:
3.2 ios the version of ios package, bc, mios and system menu each ios have a version + sub version ex : ios30 v2576, it's same for system menu, preloader check the version of install system menuyour is v289 = 3.2usa v449 = 4.1usa v481=4.2U

Gotcha.

Well I learned a whole hell of a lot.

...everything except why those wad channels aren't loading and why I can't load those Virtual Channel games.

Seems IOS30 is loading correctly and the system menu is working fine but SOMETHING has to be wrong.

I know somebody out there has to know what it is.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
your best option is to update to 4.0-4.2 so you can be running off of a different IOS, then it should work.

norain

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:
your best option is to update to 4.0-4.2 so you can be running off of a different IOS, then it should work.

Well I already know that's the easiest thing to do... but that's not what I got a Wii for.

I got a Wii so that I can understand what Wii hacking is all about.

So I'm trying to figure out:

1. Why these channels won't load on 3.2U
2. How I can get them to load.

Is there a particular site that Waninkoko posts on? Because I'm sure anybody with any in-depth knowledge would say "Oh! It's THAT..."

Could it be that my IOS just isn't patched and a patch would fix it?

I did the Trucha bug thing... but that was for IOS36...

norain

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't suppose banner bomb or not having a hacks.ini could be the culprit could it?

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the homebrew channel (which didn't make any sense because the Homebrew channel is working just fine.)

I tried using dop-ios to update the versions of all my channels.

I tried using the "free region channel" hack in preloader. Tried everything you suggested.

Even installed patchmii.

Nothing seems to have screwed up my system in the slightest... but nothing has helped either.

Everything still runs fine in the homebrew channel, but nothing I install as it's own channel works.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: