Cannot get past the failed to load CTRNAND....

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Azmaeen, May 22, 2017.

1. Azmaeen
    OP

Azmaeen Member

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2016
    Bulgaria
    After selecting settings for Luma, I get the Failed to load CTRNAND error. I cannot get past this, when I try rebooting I still get this screen. Is my system bricked.

2. Dracari

Dracari GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 5, 2009
    United States
    More Details are you in the older Guide where your downgrading to 2.1? or are you in the process of from a stock or earlier CFW to B9S?

if your following the iolder guide for A9LH, and at the 2.1 stage having installed A9LH after obtaining your OTP this is Normal, Restore your backup and continue.

if this came out of the blue and your not currently tryingto get A9LH/B9S, if you have a prior backup restore it. (being able to load Luma means you arent completly screwed if this came out of teh blue and have no prior backup i belive the 3DS Guide still has a 9.2 CTR-Transfer option to get you in a usable state and you go from there.

3. Azmaeen
    OP

Azmaeen Member

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2016
    Bulgaria
    i am following the older guide for A9LH, and don't have a NAND backup, I am doing this from my New 3ds xl running ver 11.2 US. The question is am I screwed or is there a way out

4. Dracari

Dracari GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 5, 2009
    United States
    follow the 9.2 CTRTRANSFER section. your going to loose what you had installed before but it'll bring you to a working state. (after you install A9LH, and copy luma to the SDcard, from there your supposed to Restore a NAND Backup (which its suppose dto have you do anyway befoer the downgrade) from there you can update. but while in 9.2 you might as well switch to the Current itteration of teh guide and go w/ B9S before updating, its upto you if you want to migrate this soon from A9LH to Boot9Strap but starting w/ Luma 7.1 A9LH support was Dropped in favor for B9S

Last edited by Dracari, May 22, 2017
  5. Azmaeen
    OP

Azmaeen Member

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2016
    Bulgaria
    the problem is, I don't have a NAND backup, what do I do now

6. BL4Z3D247

BL4Z3D247 GBAtemp Stoner

Oct 22, 2008
    United States
    I'm so high, I don't even know!
    You do the 9.2 CTRTransfer and then install A9LH and Luma and then upgrade to B9S. Then you can safely update. Don't worry about the NAND backup as you don't have it.

7. Azmaeen
    OP

Azmaeen Member

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2016
    Bulgaria
    Thanks man, I'll try it out and will let you know

8. Azmaeen
    OP

Azmaeen Member

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2016