Cancelled Saints Row PSP Title ISO Released To Public By Volition Studios

337472-Video 10 00m 06s.jpg

Man this is a doozy. A front page article from the PSP section about an unfinished game leaked by its own studio?

You're not dreaming, Destructoid reported today that Saints Row Undercover, a PSP project by Volition studios that was soon cancelled, had some screenshots and videos released last week.

Rather than stay content with uploading video of the content, they decided to release the ISO of the game into the wild for everyone to try out!

You can check out an archived stream of the game here.

I won't be personally linking to the ISO simply due to it being uploaded on a few warez sites, but I trust our community will have no trouble finding it ;)

:arrow: SOURCE

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I... really wanna try this now. Fucking love saint's row.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It's good that this happened. I mean, what other dev has done this ?
Well, 3DRealms did release the source code for Duke3D, which allowed the game to explode in resurgence on PC with mods, ports, et al.

Reactions: Deleted User

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every time I read this thread, these lyrics pop up in my head. -Major points if you know which Saints Row game these lyrics come from!

If ya sick of being sick, and ya tired of being broke
Go get yo guns and bring yo ass to saint's row
(Saint's Row!!) B**ch!, (Saint's Row!!) B**ch!
If ya wanna do the led on the flow, B**ch !

I lost it, I steal 'cause, nobody cares how I feel but Saints row! (Saint's Row!!)
Saints Row (Saints Row!!)
I lost it, I steal 'cause, nobody cares how I feel but Saints row! (Saint's Row!!)
Saints Row (Saints Row!!)

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's good that this happened. I mean, what other dev has done this ?
This is a bigger property than we usually see officially/semi officially leaked but https://gbatemp.net/threads/comprehensive-hosting-site-list-of-leaked-unreleased-games.342235/ was a discussion we had a while back for GBA and DS games. Some good stuff in there as well.

To continue on from the thing coderzer0 was saying then wikipedia I know but https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_commercial_video_games_with_available_source_code https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_commercial_video_games_released_as_freeware

NakedFaerie

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
Anybody tried this on a modded psvita?
I tried it on a CFW PSPGO and a modded Vita and doesn't work on either.
I then tried it on an android version of PPSSPP and it crashes on that too.
It does work on PPSSPP in Windows but its so pre-alpha it would've been better binning it than releasing it.
I'm a saints Row fan but this is completely useless and unplayable and unfinished.
Good to have for the collection but thats about it.

Last edited by NakedFaerie,

flarn2006

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know they've streamed footage of a debug copy of Saints Row 2, with console commands and stuff. I asked if they'd release that version somehow, and they said they didn't have the PC version. I mentioned they could always release it anyway and let people play it on modded consoles or (when they're mature enough) emulators, but they didn't respond. I didn't think that's something they would actually do, but seeing as they've now done something like that with a different game, who knows?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1