• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is placing a nationwide freeze on the sale, purchase and transfer of handguns, effective immediately.

Maximumbeans

3DS is love, 3DS is life
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How is that going to stop you from an acid attack or a machete attack or some county lines drug dealling gang with knives?

In UK these things are rife now, with the influx off non native British people which has massively added to the problem, The police are pretty useless now nd don't even bother investigating most crimes - they are too busy appeasing BLM and the gays and stopping the public from attacking climate protestors thatare blocking roads (which is a crime).
Mate, come on. I know acid attacks went a bit mad a few years ago but we're most definitely not 'rife' with machete and acid attacks. That's a huge exaggeration.

Also, a gun still isn't a guaranteed defence against somebody approaching you with either weapon, unless you're going to reach for your firearm every single time somebody appears to be walking in your direction.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Mate, come on. I know acid attacks went a bit mad a few years ago but we're most definitely not 'rife' with machete and acid attacks. That's a huge exaggeration.
Just type into Google "machete attacks uk", there's loads of them. They aren't reported on main stream news now because there's that much of them, you only see them in your local rag, and if you lived in London you would see this is common place.

Reactions: sombrerosonic

Maximumbeans

3DS is love, 3DS is life
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just type into Google "machete attacks uk", there's loads of them. They aren't reported on main stream news now because there's that much of them, you only see them in your local rag, and if you lived in London you would see this is common place.
Okay, fair. Seems that machete crime is actually much more prevalent than I thought. They're not on the list of banned blades, what the actual fuck?

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
You're correct, many people are stabbed in UK, especailly in London and many of the youths don't leave their houses much due to fear of being stabbed, If guns were legal a lot of these criminal scum that go about stabbing people would think twice if they thought they were going to be shot. You even have gangs attacking people with Machetes. Just because some people live in UK where they have not seen this, doesn't mean it doesn't happen in other parts.
Ah yes. The city is rife with violent crime so let us make guns legal so that the violent criminals can get access to even more deadly weapons. What could go wrong? While we're at it why don't we legalise nerve gas too? If someone breaks in to my house at night I can simply put on my gas mask and kill them with Novichok before they even make it up the stairs.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Also Sweden has the highest gun violence in Europe...which has increased tenfold since the 1990's:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_Sweden

What could have caused that - the influx of foreigners into your country perhaps???
Oh yes, I do know about the gun violence. Do you know who shoot each other? Gang members! They don't go for the average joe!

Also how often do people attack others with a machete and knife? What kind of society do you guys live in?

Reactions: CompSciOrBust

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Oh yes, I do know about the gun violence. Do you know who shoot each other? Gang members! They don't go for the average joe!

Also how often do people attack others with a machete and knife? What kind of society do you guys live in?
It's not just gun violence, in Sweden you have had a huge increase in Rapes and sex crimes recently as well (as well as other crimes), what are your police doing about that?

In USA - especially in gun carrying states, if someone tried to rape you and got shot in return - the perps would think twice.

Knife crime is rampant in UK, we live in a lawless sociecety in some parts of the UK, where the police are too scared to go. They are outnumbered, overwhelmed, and the laws, judges are against them a lot of the time, so the criminals get to do as they please because all the jails are full and crime is barely investigated anymore.

Last edited by mrdude,

Xerokard

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
A defenseless population is easier to control. Many of us won't be controlled so easily. Those in favor of it are in favor of their own demise. So be it.

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Yet it doesn't stop rape in the US.
Guns doesn't work, never have worked and never will work to stop crimes. It just an increasing spiral of violence. Not even the death pentalty works as a deterrent.

Yes, rape have been on the rise in 2014 but it's been going steady down as well. You know what changed in 2014-2015 here? New laws that made it safer and easier to report these kind of crimes...

Also, most rapes in Sweden are between people that actually knows each other. It's almost never "someone in a bush"

Maximumbeans

3DS is love, 3DS is life
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oh god being attacked by a machete seems awful
Yeah, it really does. I can't help but think of that cutscene in Assassin's Creed (first one, I think?) where the guy isn't stabbed but rather slashed to death.
Post automatically merged:

Guns doesn't work, never have worked and never will work to stop crimes. It just an increasing spiral of violence. Not even the death pentalty works as a deterrent.

Yes, rape have been on the rise in 2014 but it's been going steady down as well. You know what changed in 2014-2015 here? New laws that made it safer and easier to report these kind of crimes...
It's that same old problem; almost everybody likes to think 'ah, but if it was ME there with a gun, I'd have saved the day/stopped it happening/gone about things differently'. Yet time and again this is proven to be wrong. There's no weapon that saves you from a committed individual getting the jump on you, and we've seen scenarios where people with guns are present at the scene of attacks and either do nothing or flee anyway.

It's not enough just to have a weapon. Buying a hammer doesn't make me a carpenter.

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Yeah, it really does. I can't help but think of that cutscene in Assassin's Creed (first one, I think?) where the guy isn't stabbed but rather slashed to death.
Post automatically merged:

It's that same old problem; almost everybody likes to think 'ah, but if it was ME there with a gun, I'd have saved the day/stopped it happening/gone about things differently'. Yet time and again this is proven to be wrong. There's no weapon that saves you from a committed individual getting the jump on you, and we've seen scenarios where people with guns are present at the scene of attacks and either do nothing or flee anyway.

It's not enough just to have a weapon. Buying a hammer doesn't make me a carpenter.
Everyone is brave behind a keyboard

Reactions: CompSciOrBust

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Guns do work, the only thing that violent people respect is the thought that they might get killed if they pick on someone with a gun that would shoot them. The only reason some in the USA want them banned is so they can control the population easier - that's my opinion, of course you are free to think how you want on this. Personnaly I'd like to see guns legal in every single country in the world and for any criminal that gets shot and killed while carrying out a crime, for the victim to be rewarded by the system rather than investigated by it. You'd soon see the crime rates become virtually non existant overnight. Also I'd bring back the death penalty in UK and hard labour in the prisons.

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Do you guys actually have any PROOF that magically getting rid of guns would suddenly magically make someone try to control the population? It sounds like a tinfoil hat argument.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Do you guys actually have any PROOF that magically getting rid of guns would suddenly magically make someone try to control the population? It sounds like a tinfoil hat argument.
Do you have any PROOF the getting rid of guns helps the innocent that are the victims to violent criminals in any way whatsover?

You see, we can all make up our own questions and word them in ways which spin a narrative. The government shouldn't be getting involved in trying to take away peoples rights. in USA every citizen has the right to bear arms and only the people that want to control them want to take away that right. We all can see that Trudeu is a dictator and has trampled on people's rights, here's hoping he gets the justice he deserves and that people and the courts go against him and his dictatorship.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCGzykqrsuM