Can you report a Mii?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by mashers, Nov 6, 2015.

1. mashers
    OP

mashers Stubborn ape

Jun 10, 2015
    Kongo Jungle
    I've received a Mii via streetpass in my Street Plaza which said a nazi slogan as its greeting. The only advice I can find from nintendo is to delete it from the plaza and block the user. Is there no way to report it to have this content removed? I don't think it is appropriate for this greeting to be used especially since children will be seeing it.

2. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    Well you can go all out and call Nintendo but that's about it, le windmill of friendship and tolerance is not that offensive (unless you're jewish).

3. mashers
    OP

mashers Stubborn ape

Jun 10, 2015
    Kongo Jungle
    I have no idea what you mean when you say windmill of friendship and tolerance. As for only being offensive to Jews, sorry but I completely disagree. Do you really think it's ok for somebody to post "heil hitler" as a greeting on a network which is open to users all around the world including children? This is objectively inappropriate and offensive to everybody and should absolutely not be tolerated.

Ridge likes this.
  4. Abcdfv

Abcdfv What comes around goes around.

Dec 24, 2013
    United States
    I have a strong distrust of (zionist) jews but it is still inappropriate. Nintendo does their best to censor things but sometimes stuff slips through the cracks.

5. mashers
    OP

mashers Stubborn ape

Jun 10, 2015
    Kongo Jungle
    Mods can this thread please be closed? I have zero interest in discussing whether Naziism is ok or weird attitudes towards groups of people. If anyone knows how I can report this Mii please PM me as I'm unsubscribing from this thread now.

fitz420 likes this.
  6. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 2, 2009
    Gambia, The
    surprised hitler isnt wordfiltered

7. Pedeadstrian

Pedeadstrian GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
    You started a thread involving Naziism on the internet. You should've known what would happen.

EpicLPer, Ammako and TheKawaiiDesu like this.
  8. Nollog

Nollog GBAtemp Addict

Oct 10, 2008
    You need to use the report feature baby-cakes.

I just did it for you there.

Last edited by Nollog, Nov 6, 2015
  9. Tomy Sakazaki

Tomy Sakazaki GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 23, 2006
    Brazil
    The best you can do is trying to contact NoA and NoE (the NoE part is important since they can try to ask for the help of their German folks) and ask them to try to add the slogan to their word black list so the message can't be written and send at newer system menus.
    Other than that there isn't any action to be taken, unfortunately.

10. Pedeadstrian

Pedeadstrian GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
    If people want to post "offensive" material, they'll find a way. Just change/swap a letter and you're good to go.

11. Jayro

Jayro MediCat DVD and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    This makes me want to edit my Mii to look like Hitler, and do exactly what the offender did. :D

Xenon Hacks, Ammako and VinsCool like this.
  12. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    hotler

EpicLPer, Wander's Hat and Ammako like this.
  13. Pippin666

Pippin666 SSF43DE Master

Mar 30, 2009
    Canada
    Montreal, Qc
    The OP is a troll. Reporting is so for low life people with nothing else better to do.

My 3DS greeting since launch day is "Booya 3DS Bitch!"

Pip'

14. gallymimu

gallymimu EE Expert

Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    you should exercise tolerance and acceptance of other people's belief systems rather than insisting that they conform to your belief system. You don't know why they feel that way and have no right to tell them they can't express their beliefs. (granted this person is probably a dick, a very serious dick just trying to goad people and upset them but who really knows)

Forcing your beliefs on others is exactly what you are doing and it's hypocrisy!

delete him, block him, report him, start a man hunt, bully him on facebook, force him to apologize and conform to your value system, because YOUR way is RIGHT! Heil YOU!

This thread should be closed because it isn't what you want to hear, and not as many people were cheering on your crusade as much as you had hoped.

-- how to report --
    http://en-americas-support.nintendo.../1582/~/how-to-report-a-miiverse-user-or-post

http://en-americas-support.nintendo...596/~/recevied-an-inappropriate-mii-character

Last edited by gallymimu, Nov 8, 2015
    Ammako likes this.
  15. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein Professional asshole at GBATemp

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    What is this thread? Please someone help my eyes!
    No really, I need the direction and branches this thread is taking explained to me.
    Are we supporting "free speech"?
    Are we supporting "nazism"?
    Did gbatemp just turn antisemitic? (Well... some time ago I think I noticed it turning islamophobic, so perhaps this is another level up)
    Should we support a belief system based on racism and systematic discrimination?
    Would promoting values against all types of racial/religious segregation be hypocrisy?

Erm... this thread got me confused regarding what the temps community stands for.

Am I being an exaggerated troll, or is this a valid point?
    Should I finish drinking my tea or should I keep writing here?
    Do I really care... oder?

PS: I think some dick writing "Heil Hitler!" as a Mii Salute is nothing to be so annoyed about, but probably here in Germany you will certainly have problems with the police if they found you doing that...
    PS2: Anyway, what would people in America think of someone having as a Mii Salute "Fuck you all stinky subhuman niggers! Long life to the KKK!"
    PS3: I tried to make the statement above as racist as possible as an example of something not very nice to see as a salute, it's an example, don't get mad at me, and if someone gets offended I can say that was not the intention.

Last edited by sarkwalvein, Nov 8, 2015
  16. Natethekidrs00

Natethekidrs00 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 7, 2015
    United States
    lol can i get a pic?