Hacking Can Someone Help me that knows their stuff ?

aslo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
O.K., i have installed the Homebrew channel through the twilight hack. I am trying to see if i can play backups.

I should mention i have the dreaded system 3.4, i goofed. But my Homebrew channel is there.
But , i cannot seem to install cios, or wads. If i choose a wad on my sd card, i just get errors-2011.
I figured its because i dont have cios installed, but i cant seem to install that either.
I followed various threads, and just come around in circles. To install cios, install the wad, but i cant install the wad.

Can someone walk me through this begining with, i have homebrew installed, i have a sd card,

cant seem to install wads, or cios, to install the backup launcher.

help. running out of vicodins.
thank you.

applejoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the same problem, couldn't install anything to change my firmware because it was all compatible with 3.2. Wonderful ideas right? Anyway what finally got it working for me was this topic

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=112945

followed the instructions to the letter (it even comes with a custom wad installer to use with 3.4) and in no time I had 3.2U on my system again.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
obviously hasn't looked, been "new" and all that, welcome one and welcome ALL
check the "stickied" thread of downgrading from oct 23rd (3.4 aswell) first install HBC, don't ask how or where, search it's EVERYWHERE.
smile.gif
have fun!

aslo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djdynamite123 said:
obviously hasn't looked, been "new" and all that, welcome one and welcome ALL
check the "stickied" thread of downgrading from oct 23rd (3.4 aswell) first install HBC, don't ask how or where, search it's EVERYWHERE.
smile.gif
have fun!
yes
obviously disgusted with lack of simple communication. Obviously not interested in a whole lifestyle change. and btw , obviously didnt read my post, HBC already succesfully installed.

thanks

Valgreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
you will probably need ios 16, as well as the modded wad manager which can run under 3.3v2, 3.4 to install ios16, then you should be able to install cios, then go about downgrading, or installing loader channels.. pm me if you want..

stayingarmed

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
aslo said:
WiiPower said:
If anything would help, then it's a downgrade, just look at the downgrade thread

So then perhaps nothing will help?

nothing will help? They just gave you the damn answer, it's called DOWNGRADE!!!! Look around on here.....it's everywhere!!! Do a search for "downgrade 3.4" and (surprising, I know) you will find your answer. Holy crap, I did a search for "downgrade 3.4" and found this: http://www.google.com/search?q=downgrade+3...rch=gbatemp.net WOW!

aslo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
syst3merror said:
aslo said:
WiiPower said:
If anything would help, then it's a downgrade, just look at the downgrade thread

So then perhaps nothing will help?

nothing will help? They just gave you the damn answer, it's called DOWNGRADE!!!! Look around on here.....it's everywhere!!! Do a search for "downgrade 3.4" and (surprising, I know) you will find your answer. Holy crap, I did a search for "downgrade 3.4" and found this: http://www.google.com/search?q=downgrade+3...rch=gbatemp.net WOW!

You are obviously way more learned than i. Valgreens reply, start with "If anything will help" which implies that perhaps nothing will, and i dont know for sure, because this is the most confusing, cross referenced, misleading bunch of information ive ever seen.
I have Homebrew running. MUST I DOWNGRADE ? I am only interested in playing backups if possible. ARE YOU SURE I MUST DOWNGRADE?
I just finished a thread about how to run backup launchers on 3.4. with no mention of downgrading. Ive seen hundreds of revisions of files with little or no instructions. Ive seen an article on
problems running wad files that starts off telling you to run a wad file.
So yes, im not certain about anything at this point. I am running Homebrew, just want to see if i can play a backup. I have 3.4. I MUST DOWNGRADE ??????

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
What's with "If anything would help, then it's a downgrade, just look at the downgrade thread" missunderstandable? It's just either downgrade helps or nothing helps.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm almost 100% certain you have to downgrade. Even if you don't, the benefits of doing so are rather nice and I don't know why you'd rather stay on 3.4.

Valgreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
...*sigh*....would have loved to help you aslo, but havent heard back from you... follow this guide, you will need IOS 16, google it, find it under torrents, or whatever...

see here!! http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=112945

Step 1:
Update your Wii to the latest version.

Step 2:
Using "The Homebrew Channel", open "WAD Manager".

Step 3:
Press "A" on the Wii Remote once.
The Wii should detect a SD Card.
Press "A" again to see a list of WADs on the SD Card.
Use the "D-Pad" to select "IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad".
Press "+" to install the WAD.
Once installed, press the "Home" button, to restart you Wii.

Step 4:
Using "The Homebrew Channel", open “Custom Manager".
Using the same method as in "Step 3", install the "cIOS_Fix.wad".
Once installed, press the "Home" button, to restart you Wii.

Note:
If that fails to install, just use “WAD Manager” to install it like in the youtube video.

Step 5:
Using the ‘Homebrew Channel’, open ‘IOS Downgrader’. Just follow the instructions on the screen and wait until it finishes installing the necessary IOSs.

STEP 6:
Using "The Homebrew Channel", open "Install Shop IOS51".
Use the "D-Pad" to select "Yes", and install "IOS51", by pressing "A".
Use the "D-Pad" to select "Yes", and install the IOS Patch, by pressing "A".
Use the "D-Pad" to select "No", and DO NOT install the "Wii Shop Channel".

Step 7:
Using the ‘Homebrew Channel’, open ‘WAD Manager ’. Install ‘WAD MANAGER 1.3’.

Step 8:
The Wii is now able to install WADs and Homebrew Apps should work properly now.

now under WAD MANAGER channel, you can install ALL backup loaders, check djtaz's sig, or noobwarriors, or the gamma launcher channels thread to get working loader channels... OR you can just load the gamma launcher off your sd card VIA homebrew channel..

aslo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edgedancer said:
If you want to play backups then it is preferable, if not necessary to downgrade.

Thank you, but again, no one is saying.. "You must downgrade to play backups"

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, Valgreen posted a guide for you, but it involves downgrading. I say you do it. I reemphasize that there's pretty much no reason NOT to downgrade.

aslo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FenrirWolf said:
I'm almost 100% certain you have to downgrade. Even if you don't, the benefits of doing so are rather nice and I don't know why you'd rather stay on 3.4.

Ah, someone that almost 100% certain. This is good.

I originally just want to see if it were possible to play backups with out modding the machine. I installed the Homebrew Channel. It was a frustrating experience because many told me the wrong thing, sent me to the wrong files and generally had no clue.
but i have the Homebrew channel running. But i cant seem to load .wad files with the loader, therefore i cant seem to run the backup loader which is all i want to try.

I dont mind trying software that installs as a save file, runs a program that perhaps defeats the id check on dvd discs, but, whether i want to trust people and hacked software,
to downgrade the wii system files, are another story. So im not sure i am going any further. What ive seen so far has not exactly inspired confidence.

Thanks for the reply.

Valgreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
if you have the homebrew channel working, download the gamma loader .dol file..

place it on your SD card under your APPS folder..

ie SD:\Apps\Loader\boot.dol

make sure you rename the .dol file to boot.dol...

then go to your homebrew channel, LOAD the backup loader .dol file, and baboom you are good to go

here is the link to gamma loader
http://rapidshare.com/files/163803100/Wiiigator3gamma.dol

rename Wiigator3gamma.dol to boot.dol

and the homebrew channel loads .dol files NOT wad files... think of a wad file as an exe.. its like an installable file for the wii... if you want to install WAD files you need an app such as wad manager.. this app will then install said WAD to your wii... whereas you can load .dol files off your SD card. BOTH ways work, you can either load the loader .dol file off an sd card via homebrew channel, OR you can install the loader .WAD via wad manager direct to your wii so you then do not need to run the loader off of your sd card via HBC..

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
aslo said:
FenrirWolf said:

Ah, someone that almost 100% certain. This is good.

I originally just want to see if it were possible to play backups with out modding the machine. I installed the Homebrew Channel. It was a frustrating experience because many told me the wrong thing, sent me to the wrong files and generally had no clue.
but i have the Homebrew channel running. But i cant seem to load .wad files with the loader, therefore i cant seem to run the backup loader which is all i want to try.

I dont mind trying software that installs as a save file, runs a program that perhaps defeats the id check on dvd discs, but, whether i want to trust people and hacked software,
to downgrade the wii system files, are another story. So im not sure i am going any further. What ive seen so far has not exactly inspired confidence.

Thanks for the reply.

It's just when you really decide not to downgrade, then please don't bug around with "i can't do this, i can't do that, everybody gives me shitty tips", because with 3.3v2 or 3.4(*edit: without a installed cIOS) you can't install cIOS files, you can't install wads and nearly all tips people will give you won't work for you.

PS: What do you think installing a cIOS is, if not "modding the machine"?

aslo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Valgreen said:
if you have the homebrew channel working, download the gamma loader .dol file..

place it on your SD card under your APPS folder..

ie SD:\Apps\Loader\boot.dol

make sure you rename the .dol file to boot.dol...

then go to your homebrew channel, LOAD the backup loader .dol file, and baboom you are good to go

here is the link to gamma loader
http://rapidshare.com/files/163803100/Wiiigator3gamma.dol

rename Wiigator3gamma.dol to boot.dol

and the homebrew channel loads .dol files NOT wad files... think of a wad file as an exe.. its like an installable file for the wii... if you want to install WAD files you need an app such as wad manager.. this app will then install said WAD to your wii... whereas you can load .dol files off your SD card. BOTH ways work, you can either load the loader .dol file off an sd card via homebrew channel, OR you can install the loader .WAD via wad manager direct to your wii so you then do not need to run the loader off of your sd card via HBC..

Right now, i have a folder from another suggestion, called iso loader so it is sd:\apps\iso loader\boot.dol
if i remember correctly a greenish screen comes up thats it, doesnt tell me to put in a disc or anything. Is this any different ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)