Can someone Help Me, Please!

Discussion in 'GBA - Emulation' started by etraininnj, Dec 14, 2008.

1. etraininnj
    OP

etraininnj Member

Newcomer
    Feb 2, 2008
    United States
    Hi, I've been playing Mother 3 for quite a while. I guess I'm near the end of Chapter 7. The game was saving ok for me, so I didn't have any trouble there. Well, today I went out, and my younger brother loaded another GBA game, and now I can't load my Mother 3 file. When I look it my folder, it still shows the save file as being there, but when I try to load it from the menu(I am running the 3 in 1), it will not show up. Is there anything I can do??

2. Another World

Another World Emulate the Planet!

Former Staff
    Jan 3, 2008
    Colombia
    From Where???
    are you using rudolph's gba exploader? if you are then read on...

i haven't used my 3-in-1 for gba for a bit but as i remember it before the game will launch it prompts you to load a save file from one of the save slots of a save file exists. since mother 3 has to run in nor the save would be in the battery backed-up sram. however, when your brother loaded a new save that save file overwrote the area of sram. check your msd card, the save should be sitting there in the nds save folder that gba exploader.

i know that doesn't give you any specifics but perhaps it gives you ideas on what to try.

-another world

3. etraininnj
    OP

etraininnj Member

Newcomer
    Feb 2, 2008
    United States
    The saves are in my folder, but I can't load them. I can load other saves, but not the Mother 3 saves.

4. etraininnj
    OP

etraininnj Member

Newcomer
    Feb 2, 2008
    United States

I actually trimmed the file with a Rom trimming program, erased the game from NOR, and then loaded it again, and bam, it was there!