Can someone explain what this B9S thing is?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Vultix93, Jun 25, 2017.

1. Vultix93
    OP

Vultix93 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 9, 2014
    Italy
    Hi, I haven't touched my 3DS in months and I was going to see if there was something new on the scene. Reading here I see that Luma doesn't support A9LH anymore and instead I think I need now B9S if I want to update my 3DS. Can someone tell me what B9S is and how it's better than A9LH? Do I have to update my 3DS to B9S? (I saw that Luma 8 has a lot of bugs right now so I'm not sure what to do).
    I have an O3DSXL + Sys 11.4 + Luma v7 (don't remember the full version of Luma).

Thanks for the eventual answers!

2. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    b9s is signature patched (sighax) meaning that true cfw can be made rather than the patch here and there. it's true that luma 8.0 has a lot of bugs, but I think they're being worked on by @Aurora Wright .

3. Bakuryu42

Bakuryu42 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 9, 2009
    United States
    To take this further can anyone explain someone coming from his position (and mine) how to safetly check if they are banned, how to best avoid being banned, and if we are banned how to get unbanned?

4. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    u can check if your banned by going to your friends' list at the top of the home screen. don't have spotpass enabled is a suggestion by the guide. there's a tutorial on temp about unbanning yourself.

5. HellaJvke

HellaJvke Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 25, 2016
    United States
    In your mind
    that kind of off topic
    im console banned from pkmn moon.

i dont think being banned will prevent you from switching A9LH to B9S

im also going to hold out for a bit
    wait till the bugs are worked out.
    havent seen a fancy guide for it yet