Hacking Can I use a Pokemon Pearl US save on a JP ROM?

EvanUnisil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm trying to use the glitch that was only in the JP game to get those event Pokemon and just wondering can I use my English save file for Pokemon Pearl with the JP ROM and if I can, how do I go about this? I've tried Writing the .dat file on top of the JP one but it doesn't seem to be working.

M3 Perfect is what I'm using.

simpson17

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes

edit - just rename the jp rom to the same name as the us rom, or rename the gamesave to the gamesave of the jp rom

EvanUnisil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Tried this and it didn't work. The .dat files seem to be linked to the roms so even if I change the name the Pokemon Pearl rom will still access the Pokemon Pearl JP .dat file because they've been linked and the Pokemon Pearl JP.nds file won't access that save because it's not linked to it. Which is why I tried "writing" over the save file for the JP file but that didn't work either. Any ideas?

EvanUnisil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nah see I'd rather do it the legit way. Glitches/bugs are Ok with me because that's the developers fault. But outright cheating just defeats the purpose of owning the game. Any other suggestions?

LDawg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Action Replay, but that is cheating
tongue.gif

Well as simpson17 said, rename it.

kazumi213

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm trying to use the glitch that was only in the JP game to get those event Pokemon and just wondering can I use my English save file for Pokemon Pearl with the JP ROM and if I can, how do I go about this? I've tried Writing the .dat file on top of the JP one but it doesn't seem to be working.

M3 Perfect is what I'm using.

In M3 Game Manager right click your US Pearl .NDS file and select "Save manager". On the new window select (one click) the .DAT on the list and then click "Read .SAV". You will be prompted to choose a destination to save the contents of the dat file on your computer as a .SAV file.

After that, just copy your JPN Pearl .NDS to the CF/SD as usual. When done, right click your JPN .NDS and select "Save Manager". Select (one click) the .DAT on the list and then press "Write .SAV", then browse the .SAV file you saved above and click OK. Now you can play JPN Pearl with your US data (of course both .DAT files will be independent, so when done with the JPN game follow the same steps to transfer your data to the US .DAT).

Always make backups, just in case.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: