Hacking Can I still install Bootmii as boot2?

sekhu

moo?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Basically I've been reading about the disasters people have had with not making a NAND backup having messed around with their wiis. I already have Preloader 0.29 installed and am updated to 4.0E, have the HBC and am on Rev 14. Can I still install Bootmii as boot2 and carry out a NAND backup? I searched and found this guide by Videboy10: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=154828 but it's been mocked by repliers, so I don't trust it too much, plus there's no guide in it that says what a user has to do to install bootmii.

Could someone direct me in the right way and basically the steps on how to do it?

Thanks in advance

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
There's not really a wrong way to do it...just boot up the HackMii installer and choose to install BootMii. Having Preloader installed shouldn't matter, neither should the system menu you have installed. The installer does a lot of checks, also, which makes it a lot harder to mess it up. If it thinks there is some kind of incompatibility it won't let you install it.

frazz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Run BannerBomb again and try.....it will advise you if that option is available for your system

oxMUDxo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
9th_Sage is right.
From my knowledge BootMii can be installed on all System Menu.
If you have older Wii it can be installed on boot2 but not on newer Wiis.

sekhu

moo?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
so it's not a simple case of sticking bootmii into a folder on my sd card and running it as a boot.dol? I'll do the google you suggested

any other advice?

EDIT: I've downloaded the bootmii and it comes as installer.elf. Do I just run this as boot.elf and let the magic happen?

sekhu

moo?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ok i have the boot.elf, i put it in sd:\apps\bootmii\boot.elf and now i just run it right and let it do it's thing? What are the steps to do the NAND backup?

thanks for the help

oxMUDxo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thake the Hackmii folder and put in in the apps folder.
SD:\apps\HackMii beta2\boot.elf

From there lunch it from HomeBrew Channel.
You'll see the "Don't pay for this message" wait 45 seconds then press 1 on the Wii mote.
The next Screen will show you what you can install select Continue.

Next press up on the + pad till your on Install BootMii to Boot2 then press A.

After that is done installing let me know.
Next we'll make that NAND backup.
smile.gif

sekhu

moo?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ok i installed as boot2, and it said success.

however, I have just restarted the wii and it's put me in the bootmii loader thing with silver buttons. my wii mote doesn't work with it. i've pressed various buttons but all it does is flash a couple of times then go off.

how can i resolve this?

thanks

sekhu

moo?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ah right thanks i was crapping myself trying to make my remote and wii to sync. i'm doing a nand back up nopw but will i have to use the gc controller/reset/power buttons everytime i boot up in bootmii? can i launch like i could with preloader, as i found that quite simple, and it said what each thing was, i can't fully tell by the firwst icons what's what.#

thanks

oxMUDxo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its here.
SD:\ BootMii\BOOTMII.ini

I don't really know what to change tho..?

I just backed up the BootMii folder from SD:\BootMii to my PC and delete the BootMii folder from my SD Card and the Wii will boot like normal.

sekhu

moo?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
right it says this in the ini:

# BootMii config file

# Video mode, possible settings:
# NTSC, PAL50, PAL60, PROGRESSIVE
VIDEO=PAL50

# Autoboot, possible settings:
# SYSMENU, HBC
#AUTOBOOT=SYSMENU

# Autoboot delay, in seconds:
# Default is 5
#BOOTDELAY=5

What do I edit and write?

thanks for the help guys

sekhu

moo?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah I dont think it's bootdelay. I did make the backup, thank you for your help on that, and for the others helping as well. I just need to go back to preloader as boot menu and I'll be happy. Although if I want to go back into bootmii to do a NAND restore is there a guide for that?

Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE