can i restore vwii nand without backup?

dal7643

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i tried to click into wii menu and it just gave me a black screen, did a little research turns out its bricked, didnt really surprise me, point is i soon after attempted to restore using vWii Decaffeinator because i didnt have a nand backup, but i made the mistake of using aggressive mode knowing i didnt have any backup because when it deleted everything i was stuck because when it tried to restore the files it says it cant find the files, is there any alternatives or a way to get this working? thanks

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
so i tried to click into wii menu and it just gave me a black screen, did a little research turns out its bricked, didnt really surprise me, point is i soon after attempted to restore using vWii Decaffeinator because i didnt have a nand backup, but i made the mistake of using aggressive mode knowing i didnt have any backup because when it deleted everything i was stuck because when it tried to restore the files it says it cant find the files, is there any alternatives or a way to get this working? thanks
If someone shares their backup, I believe you can just copy all the files (from the extracted/decrypted NAND) over with ftpiiu (might have to manually fix permissions) and it should work again.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I shared my mlc backup with someone a while back. he didn't like the fact that the wii u menu was dark with blue in it, since I was using a theme. I sent him the original files to revert back after that. I could share my slcmpt, vwii, but it's not allowed on here, since it's Nintendo code. you might get a dark blue theme with that one as well, since I changed my vwii theme. haha, and we are the same region, so it's likely it would work. just don't know what you messed up though, as there are a few hundred files in the vwii iirc.

dal7643

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I shared my mlc backup with someone a while back. he didn't like the fact that the wii u menu was dark with blue in it, since I was using a theme. I sent him the original files to revert back after that. I could share my slcmpt, vwii, but it's not allowed on here, since it's Nintendo code. you might get a dark blue theme with that one as well, since I changed my vwii theme. haha, and we are the same region, so it's likely it would work. just don't know what you messed up though, as there are a few hundred files in the vwii iirc.
can i give u an email and u can send it to me or put it on a media fire or something

GaryOderNichts

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
when it tried to restore the files it says it cant find the files
What do you mean by this?
After using the aggressive mode simply perform a console update and all vWii files will be redownloaded from NUS.
If your autobooting Tiramisu make sure to temporarily disable autoboot or updates are blocked.

dal7643

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean by this?
After using the aggressive mode simply perform a console update and all vWii files will be redownloaded from NUS.
If your autobooting Tiramisu make sure to temporarily disable autoboot or updates are blocked.
well my system is on the latest software, when i click force update it takes me to settings which basically screws me bc im already on latest software, i had in my understanding that light mode would reinstall everything but i get a bunch of errors and then they all dissapear and it says something like successsfully finished update your console nopw and directs me to settings

GaryOderNichts

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
well my system is on the latest software, when i click force update it takes me to settings which basically screws me bc im already on latest software, i had in my understanding that light mode would reinstall everything but i get a bunch of errors and then they all dissapear and it says something like successsfully finished update your console nopw and directs me to settings
I don't think you understand how the vWii decaffeinator works. It deletes files and forces the console to perform a system update, even if you are on the latest system version. The system update will download missing files.
It's going to tell you that you're on the latest version if you have update blocks enabled.
Tiramisu automatically blocks updates, so you need to temporarily disable autobooting and boot into a stock environment to disable updates.

dal7643

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think you understand how the vWii decaffeinator works. It deletes files and forces the console to perform a system update, even if you are on the latest system version. The system update will download missing files.
It's going to tell you that you're on the latest version if you have update blocks enabled.
Tiramisu automatically blocks updates, so you need to temporarily disable autobooting and boot into a stock environment to disable updates.
i must be doing something wrong then bc when i click force update it literally just brings me to settings, then after i tried to update and theres nothing new so what do i do from there, and autoboot isnt on

dal7643

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i must be doing something wrong then bc when i click force update it literally just brings me to settings, then after i tried to update and theres nothing new so what do i do from there, and autoboot isnt on
wait i just tried again and its "retreiving data for update" so unless nintendo put out an update today i think i did it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo