Hacking Can I install Darkcorp 1.1?

Xexyz

GBATemp's™ Official Xexyz
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 4.2U system menu, and have IOS58 and 249 base 56 installed And installed bootmii as boot2. Can I do it? I'm worried because I might brick my wii. :O

troy512

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dont know if you can. but if you can... DO NOT!!

darkcorp installs cIOS to many different IOS which is NOT needed (and may cause issues with other hacks depending on the individual setup). just install d2x following a guide provided here at gbatemp. use a usbloader (preferably wiiflow lol) and load your games from a hard drive. (cost a bit more upfront, hard drive cost, but the experience is better)

disc loading seems like the better option for the new user (ill only play a few games), but after the usbloader experience there is no turning back (now i want to play all games).

edit//

its been awhile since i followed darkcorp talk... but anyway just dont do it, there are many different versions of cIOSCORP/darckcorp which install different IOS and may cause problems (even more than hack issues) really i dont know the recent problems, only know that its not worth it, use a usbloader and its easy peasy lol

Xexyz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dont know if you can. but if you can... DO NOT!!

darkcorp installs cIOS to many different IOS which is NOT needed (and may cause issues with other hacks depending on the individual setup). just install d2x following a guide provided here at gbatemp. use a usbloader (preferably wiiflow lol) and load your games from a hard drive. (cost a bit more upfront, hard drive cost, but the experience is better)

disc loading seems like the better option for the new user (ill only play a few games), but after the usbloader experience there is no turning back (now i want to play all games).

edit//

its been awhile since i followed darkcorp talk... but anyway just dont do it, there are many different versions of cIOSCORP/darckcorp which install different IOS and may cause problems (even more than hack issues) really i dont know the recent problems, only know that its not worth it, use a usbloader and its easy peasy lol

I use neogamma but i thought disc channel would be better with banners and stuff. But oh well.

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the only good thing out of darkcorp v1.1 full is the cmios from waninkoko other than that it's useless, you want disc channel banners? and want to use neo gamma at the same time well theres a project on gbatemp that forwards all disc channel booting to neo gamma and auto boots the game for you

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
it comes with a custom version of priiloader that is one of the more updated versions but supports the classic way of loading system menu hacks it is needed to run the hidden channel HNCA that you install which is neogamma and has to be enabled using the system menu hacks or else it just loads the normal IOS for the game

Xexyz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the only good thing out of darkcorp v1.1 full is the cmios from waninkoko other than that it's useless, you want disc channel banners? and want to use neo gamma at the same time well theres a project on gbatemp that forwards all disc channel booting to neo gamma and auto boots the game for you

Where is the link?

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
but like Troy512 said usb loading is a lot better not all wii games are 4.7GB most aren't they vary in size New Super Mario Bros Wii in a wbfs file format not iso will have 352MB of data where as the iso format of the same game will be exactly 4.7GB so not only will you save space on storing your backups you'll be able to play them off of a hard drive or sd card no problem

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Sounds good actually.