ROM Hack Can i extract save data from OFW Switch whithout any hack/risk?

Kewzyx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello, first of all sorry if there is already a topic talking about this, I have seen some similar ones but they are not as accurate as I would like.

The thing is, I would like to make a backup of my save files (of games that don't allow cloud save) but I don't want to hack my console.

I have read that people were able to do this by extracting the NAND but I am very noob at this and I would like someone to help me and confirm if it is possible to do this in 2021 without hacking the console and without taking any risk.

(My Switch is one of the first models, bought at launch)

I know it would be very easy to do it from a CFW but I would prefer not to have to do that.

Thank you very much and sorry for my ignorance. ^^ U

Reactions: godreborn

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hello, first of all sorry if there is already a topic talking about this, I have seen some similar ones but they are not as accurate as I would like.

The thing is, I would like to make a backup of my save files (of games that don't allow cloud save) but I don't want to hack my console.

I have read that people were able to do this by extracting the NAND but I am very noob at this and I would like someone to help me and confirm if it is possible to do this in 2021 without hacking the console and without taking any risk.

I know it would be very easy to do it from a CFW but I would prefer not to have to do that.

Yes, but you will need a jig to enter RCM mode and a USB-C cable to inject the Hekate payload. You can dump the NAND from there. As long as you don't boot into OFW or CFW in Hekate, there are no traces left. And there is a tool (https://gbatemp.net/threads/extract-save-from-nand-backup.514261/#post-8299285) that extracts all the saves from the NAND backup, I used it once to extract my legit BotW save in order to convert it for use in Cemu.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks, I've been wondering the same thing for a long time. I don't want to hack my system, but I do want to backup my saves. i have three switches, and one of them is hackable. all are linked together with the same account, so all the games and saves are on all three systems. I've even tied in that one option to download saves uploaded to cloud automatically on the other two switches.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
thanks, I've been wondering the same thing for a long time. I don't want to hack my system, but I do want to backup my saves. i have three switches, and one of them is hackable. all are linked together with the same account, so all the games and saves are on all three systems. I've even tied in that one option to download saves uploaded to cloud automatically on the other two switches.
A fair few games don't support cloud saving, basically anything that has online functionality. Splatoon, Smash Bros and Animal Crossing to name a few.

Kewzyx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Yes, but you will need a jig to enter RCM mode and a USB-C cable to inject the Hekate payload. You can dump the NAND from there. As long as you don't boot into OFW or CFW in Hekate, there are no traces left. And there is a tool () that extracts all the saves from the NAND backup, I used it once to extract my legit BotW save in order to convert it for use in Cemu.

Oh, thank you!
Let me ask you a couple of questions just to be sure:

So Hekate payload do not touch anything and don't leave traces unless i load OFW/CFW from there? I must power off the switch right after the NAND dump to be safe, correct?

Can I make a very own custom Jig with a clip or should I buy one?

No problems with the latest version of the switch software installed?

Like I said, I'm very noob, I don't even know what Hekate is but thank you very much for the answer, now I can investigate. :ha:

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Oh, thank you!
Let me ask you a couple of questions just to be sure:

So Hekate payload do not touch anything and don't leave traces unless i load OFW/CFW from there? I must power off the switch right after the NAND dump to be safe, correct?

Can I make a very own custom Jig with a clip or should I buy one?

No problems with the latest version of the switch software installed?

Like I said, I'm very noob, I don't even know what Hekate is but thank you very much for the answer, now I can investigate. :ha:
You can make one however I would not use a paperclip, they're very stiff and can easily damage the thin JoyCon pins.

Reactions: Kewzyx

Kewzyx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Thanks again.

Can someone please confirm if i can do this with a 12.0.1 sofware installed?
The latest version of hecate i can find its for 12.0.0

And if someone could link me a reliable tutorial to make the backup of the nand (without leave any traces) it would make me very happy since I am very clumsy and I am afraid to do it on my own... :unsure:

Thank you very much and sorry for giving so much trouble.

D

Deleted User

Thanks again.

Can someone please confirm if i can do this with a 12.0.1 sofware installed?
The latest version of hecate i can find its for 12.0.0

And if someone could link me a reliable tutorial to make the backup of the nand (without leave any traces) it would make me very happy since I am very clumsy and I am afraid to do it on my own... :unsure:

Thank you very much and sorry for giving so much trouble.
12.0.1 didnt change much compared to 12.0.0. Should work just fine like all firmware

Reactions: Kewzyx

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

There is still a risk in performing this since you are modifying the files of the internal system which Nintendo can technically track.

Valiran

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
He is not modifying NAND files, RCM + Hekate works before HOS start so HOS don't see it + Hekate will only read NAND and write the output to SD Card so there too, no files modified.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: